unhinged;

ok before you kill me for not updating in a full ass YEAR,,, im sorry luvs 😔 actually i planned to just ditch this whole story because in my eyes, it was just a mess with the plot being so all over the place. i didnt think this would get any attention whatsoever but due to people ACTUALLY waiting for an update then i guess i gotta give people what they want :> also quarantine's got me in the writing mood again.

-

mark was an odd kid growing up. he always had the urge to examine living things. his mother just thought that maybe one day he'd grow up to be a doctor or some sort of biologist.

the organisms mark examined all followed the same pattern: they were pretty. atleast, to mark they were. he'd find rare beetles, the ones with shells so shiny they could pass as gems. one time he stumbled across a stray cat with heterochromia (yes he knew what that meant at the age of 10). yes he examined them all but what his mother didn't know is that mark would take his 'specimens' home and disect them. he even thought about taking the cat's eyes out for keeping.

this messed up hobby of his kept going until he was in junior high.

mark never cared about people, his mother would say "he's just shy," but in reality mark lacks any form of empathy.

that's why he never understood 'popularity'. to think that people cared so much about what other people think of them just to keep their status was absurd to him.

mark was never popular. hell, he was even made fun of around his second week of highschool for how 'weird and quiet' he was. they called him a freak but mark would detest and say they're the freaks, if only he cared enough to give any attention.

junior high passed by monotonously.

mark thought about things a lot. how his urges were not as satisfied with his methods as he used to when he was 10. he thought about how it would feel to examine his peers. but he also thought how stupid the idea was so he dropped it.

until he met her.

mina was mark's senior when he first entered college. she was a performing arts major and mark would always sneak a peek when he had the time when they were practicing.

his eyes were always fixated on her long legs. and that might sound perverted of him but he couldn't help it. the way she moved her body gracefully against the floor piqued his interest.

how badly he wanted to examine her.

he blames his genes because apparently a lot of people, boys and girls alike, found him conventionally attractive.

every week a new admirer would give him chocolates or stuffed animals (he preferred lions the most) alongside a cheesy confession. time and time again he rejected them. he didn't like people before and he certainly didn't like people now.

with his newfound popularity came the invitations, mainly to freshman parties. and lo and behold, guess who was there during freshies night, dancing without a single care in the world.

mark immediately downed his drink, which left a bitter taste in his mouth since he never drank, at all. and slowly made his way, while trying to dance (he was bad at it) towards mina.