-6-

"Stop being so girly," says one boy.

Jin stood there, embarrassed about how the other boys treat him due to his hobbies. "S-Sorry..."

The other kids would tease him about liking the things other girls like. However, there was one boy who admired al his work despite the activities being girly or not.

"Sangwoo, stop staring at that freak. Come play ball with us!"

Sangwoo glances back at his friends then back at Jin who sat quietly and lonely at the curb.

"Okay!"

______________

[Kim Jinsoo]

Oh my god. Oh my god. OH MY GOD!

Currently panicking, I fumbled my out of Sangwoo's grasp to no avail. Sangwoo had and iron like grip on my waist, preventing me from even breathing at this point.

"I'm not letting you go until I talk to you," He says lowly into my ear. I shivered.

"I-I don't know what you're talking about!"

Sangwoo squeezed harder. "S-sto-

"Jin, you are well aware of what I'm talking about," he says dangerously close. I stop resisting and start to ignore him.

Sangwoo still has a grip on me despite me quitting my protest. "Jin, you have to answer me. I now it may be difficult for you, but I need to be caught up with what happened."

I froze, scared of what he was going to ask. Again, I gave him no comment. "Jin, tell me about how your mom died."

This question ticked me. "Why would you like to know!? You weren't even there!"

Sangwoo sighs, "I know, that's why I asked."

I gawked, "you're so insensitive! You don't just go and ask someone how their mom died. You should know it's a sensitive topic for me!"

Sangwoo shook his head in defense, "Well I didn't! I haven't been here in five years and you're telling me as if I knew what you were like!"

He let go of me and stood up. "I missed you. Everyday I thought about how you were doing and how if you missed me too. But to see that you're ignoring me without even letting me explain is only going to make me feel like this relationship isn't worth chasing. But, I know that's it is. I know you're worth chasing for."

I sat there, shocked by his sudden outburst. I could tell he mean it. I felt each individual word hit my heart with full force.

"I-I'm...sorry," I said lowly. "I-I should've let you explain yourself. B-but! It was hard for me."

I stood up to face him, more so like looking up. "I w-want to tell you everything. I want to hear everything. But I just don't know that the explanation will help fill the gap that we have between us."

Sangwoo let out a sigh. "Will you at least hear my side?"

I nodded. "I'm all ears."

_______________

"That's why I wasn't able to text you," Sangwoo says taking a breath. I nodded slowly, hearing his whole story of why he left.

"Y-your dad is still mean, huh?" I said half heartedly.

"Yea, I never really liked him. I wonder what my mom is doing," he says.