Side Story 2

[Oh Sangwoo]

"It's warmer today than it was yesterday," Jin said rubbing his hands together. "Do you think we'll be able to make it through the day without freezing?"

"Obviously."

"Huh, so bold of you," He grins.

"Hey, I swear I usually don't get sick when that happens," I stated as we walked into the main road where all the food stand were placed. "Plus, I'm fine now so."

"Okay, I'll believe you."

We walk down the road and stopped by many of the stalls where they served very traditional Korean food.

"Oh! They have cheese corndogs!" Jin runs up to the stall where the elder man stood. The man took out a fresh stick out of the oil and placed it on the drying rack.

"Hello! How much is one?" Jin asks taking out his small wallet.

"1,700 won," He replies with a smile.

Jin starts to grab the money but I stopped him and hand him 2,000 won. "You can keep the change."

The man thanks me and hands over the steaming corndog to Jin, who's still recovering from my sudden action.

"Sangwoo! I could've payed for it."

I flick his forehead, "Call it even then."

"For what?"

"Taking care of me."

He sighs and puts his hand on his head. "It was mandatory. Who was going to take care of my if you're sick?"

I roll and eyes and pull his closer. "Doesn't matter now. We're even."

"Ah such youth," The old man says.

"Excuse me?" Jin says.

"It brings a smile to my face how happy your relationship can be despite being so different," The old man smiles at us.

"O-oh, thank you!" Jin exclaims while holding onto my arm.

"Disgraceful."

We turn to the lady next to the old man's stall who commented.

"God does not agree with your decisions," She seethed. "You should be ashamed."

"You have no place to comment on their relationship, Mrs. Byung," The old man says while fishing out the newly fried corndogs.

"You're always doing this Mr. Kim," She says pushing over some items from her shop.

"Protecting those who don't deserve protection."

I could tell by the sudden tightness of grip from Jin that this situation was getting out of hand.

"Stop criticizing--"

"I think that enough," I say cutting off the old man. "I'm grateful for your support Mr. Kim and for Mrs. Byung, I'd like for you to shut the fuck up."

"Excuse me?" She said, obviously offended.

"Nh! I-I think what Sangwoo means is that we appreciate you caring about the state of our relationship, b-but you have to understand that our decisions do not effect you in anyway. We wish that you were to remain silent and mind your own business," Jin finishes off.