-23-

[Kim Jinsoo]

Darkness...?

What is this... feeling..?

I can't move, I can't breath, I can't even process what is happening.

Am I... dead?

Perhaps, it seems that way.

But why isn't there anyway light? Am I going to hell!?!

No... this can't—

Beep

Beep

Beep

Beep

Beep

____________

Slowly, the light within the room started to cause my pupils to dilate.

What is going on...?

The room was empty. I was sitting on the operation table, clothed in a medical gown. I looked down at my hand, noticing the IV. Then, the sound of the heart monitor to the left of me beeped constantly.

Why isn't anyone here?

I moved my body over and held on tight to a metal pole nearby. This pole carried my fluids being injected into my bloodstream via IV.

I walked, weakly and slowly, but I walked. The clock on the wall was blurry, everything was blurry. I didn't have my glasses.

I felt a sharp pain spread throughout my body from my feet to my head at once. Dealing with it, I kept on walking until I made it past the door into the hallway where the sounds of chattering were presented. A digital clock displayed itself on the wall, showing the time 1:46 in the morning.

I continued to walk down the hallway and made my way past the corner where some doctors stood talking with one another.

"I can't believe we lost him today," says one doctor.

"Yea, but we did our best. Maybe it was what he wanted," replied the other.

"Didn't you see how his family and friends reacted!? His mom does the same way!"

The second doctor silenced himself. He sighed and turned to me, then suddenly jumped. The first one, confused, looked in my direction just to imply the same reaction.

"I'm not imaging things am I Shownu?"

"You're not."

They stood there, almost terrified.

"H-how are you alive?!" Says the doctor named 'Shownu'.

I flinched from the noise. "I-I just woke up. Can someone explain to me why I'm here?"

The second doctor slowly walks up to me and places his hands on my shoulders.

"You died."

I raised an eyebrow. "How can I die if I'm standing right here?"

He shook his head, "no, you flat lined. We were there operating on you when you did."

I narrowed my eyes. "Why am I in here?"

Shownu gawked at me. "You seriously don't remember?"

I shook my head, "honestly, no."

Both doctors sighed. "You overdosed on antidepressants and painkillers," says Shownu. "We were there when you flatlined so we thought you were dead."