2. The birth of a demon

"It's okay

"It's okay. I'm right here."
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

It was a very sad, yet memorable day in old Corona. A day where all the villagers were out of their houses, even though it was raining like crazy and the sky was completely grey. Every single one of them was crowded in front of the very same stone, with tears in their eyes.

It was the day, the world had lost one of it's greatest and bravest men, who were ever to live on this planet.

It was the day, old Corona had lost their leader.

And it was the day, that Varian had lost his father.

It was an accident. It wasn't meant to be this way. Quirin wasn't meant to leave this world this soon.

He died as a hero. He died, trying to figure out the mystery of the black rocks, which had soon covered the whole village, leaving no choice to the villagers of Old Corona, but to move to the capital. And so they had prepared for, but before leaving the town, they gave a proper goodbye to their past leader.

And as time went by, even Quirin's closest friends had left the town, heading for safety in Corona, leaving only five persons left at the gravestone.

And that was Rapunzel - the princess of Corona.

Eugene - Rapunzel's boyfriend, and an investigator of the black rocks.

Cassandra - Rapunzel's best friend, working for the destruction of the black rocks as well

You - Eugene's adoptive little sister, Rapunzel's and Cass' friend, and the lucky owner of a necklace that gives you special and magic powers, that you haven't quite figured out yet.

And lastly, the son of Quirin himself, and the best friend you will ever have - Varian - An Alchemist who helps Corona figure out the mystery of the black rocks.

All of you was beginning to shiver from the rain, and the three adults - Raps', Cass and Eugene - had decided to start stacking up Varian's alchemy gear and personal belongings, for him to move in on the castle. It was too dangerous for him to stay in Corona, and he didn't have any family left to take care of him.

So as the three friends did so, they left you and Varian alone in the rain. You stood a few feet behind the boy, and yet you could still hear him cry his heart out.

He sat in front of the grave, with an un-gloved hand placed on the stone. If it wasn't for the rains pouring, you would've heard the things he was right now whispering.

Water dripped from your hair and down to your chin, making the raindrops blend with the fresh teardrops from your eyes. You stepped a bit closer to Varian. You knew he had no intention of leaving this place soon, and you had no intention of leaving him alone.

You thought he would prefer to be alone in a time like this, but honestly, you didn't give a fuck. You would be there for him, whether he liked it or not.

And so, you stepped a few steps closer, until you had reached the black-haired boy. You sat down beside him, and without saying a word, you pulled him into a tight hug. And he immediately started to cry, even worse than before, pulling his wet arms around you, burying his face in your shoulder.

His whole body was shaking in anger, sorrow and cold, and you couldn't help but cry a little more than you already did, by seeing the person you loved the most in a state like this.

"It's okay. I'm right here. You're not alone, Varian. I'm right here." You whispered repeatedly in his ear.

"You're not alone. I'm here. You'll never be alone. I promise."

And indeed you were right. Because that very same day as Quirin's death, something else had been born.

Something evil.

And therefore you didn't have to keep your promise. Because from that very day, Varian would never, be alone.

⚠️!-DISCLAIMER-!⚠️Again, this fanfiction does NOT portray the real DID for fictional purposes, it portrays the stereotypical and an inspirationed version of DID!This is completely fictional, inspired by the disease! The real thing is nothing but harmless! I'm not an expert, remember that.Thank you