15. Black Mamba

"Be careful what you tell people

A friend today, can be an enemy tomorrow,"

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*"If anything happens to her, you're done with!"None of you dared to say a single thing

"If anything happens to her, you're done with!"
None of you dared to say a single thing. Not even Rapunzel, who always was so happy and optimistic. But not even the happiest optimist could see the bright side of this horrible situation.

One of your companions, Andrew, had just died. He had fallen off the bridge by an accident. The bridge had been between to mountains, very far up from the ground - there was not a single chance that he could've survived. You couldn't save him. None of you could. Hell, you didn't even get to say goodbye, bury him, or give him a funeral. He was long gone.

You had known Andrew well. Not better than Eugene, Rapunzel or Cass, but still. He had been like an extra brother or a funny uncle to you. It killed you that he was gone.

Everyone was on the verge of tears, as you continued your way to the caves. None of you wanted to, none of you wanted to leave Andrew's dead body behind, but you didn't have a choice. You had a strict time schedule, and if you weren't back in Corona in a few days, Corona was done with.

And therefore, with bleeding hearts,  you continued your way to the caves.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

(Evil) Varian's POV:

It had been a very risky move I just pulled off right there. I knew that I had to be in the "light" almost all the time from now on - otherwise he would tell the others.  I know he had seen me. I kept hearing his thoughts in the back of my mind. He was screaming, begging for me to stop. He had figured out what was going on. He's a smart kid, I'll give him that - I'm just smarter.

Soon he'll realize that I'm doing this for his sake. Our sake. He couldn't understand that everything was Rapunzel's and the people of Corona's fault. Their fault that our father died, even their fault that our mother died. But he'll realize soon enough. And he will willingly help me in my plan - taking over Corona, punish the royal family, and show them what it's like to lose someone they love, to be left alone in the dark with no one listening to you. I want to see Corona in ashes. But I will, of course, have a little fun with the villagers first.

He was such an oblivious boy. He kept believing that everything will be okay, kept believing that there was good in everyone. He was vulnerable. And he'll know better. I just have to wait. I don't even need to blend my emotions with his, which I'm able to, no, it will happen all by itself. This pathetic princess and her friends will keep breaking him until he becomes unbreakable. This pitiful (Y/n) will keep fucking with his feeling until he doesn't have any feelings anymore. Until he becomes like me - the best version of himself.