14. Murder

Another Update ;D  

 It's holiday, so there's many chapters coming up :)

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

"Every time I close my eyes, I see his face,"

You slowly opened your eyes, yawning. You looked around - It was still dark outside. You didn't know how long you had been asleep, but it didn't feel like long.

You sat up, stretching. You didn't know what had woken you up, but now you're awake, and you might as well switch position with the person keeping watch.

Your hair was a mess, drool was on your cheek, but you didn't bother fixing it.

You walked out of the tent, searching around the camp. You found Varian sitting on a tree stump, looking lost into the fire. Your eyes winded, and you quickly fixed your hair, eyebrows and wiped the drool away.

You made your way over to him, and as soon as he saw you, he wiped them away, not wanting you to see him like that. "(Y/n)? Why are you awake?"

You sat down on the tree stump next to him. "I woke up and thought I would switch place with whoever kept watch. Why is it still you? How long have you been here?"

"Five hours..." He mumbled, playing with a stick in the fire.

Your eyes winded, and you turned to look at him. "Five hours, Varian?! Why haven't you woken any of us up?"

He shrugged, still looking at the flames, which reflected beautifully in his blue eyes. "I didn't want to wake any of you up. Besides, I wouldn't be able to sleep anyway."

You looked at him, worried. His black hair had an orange glow in the light of the fire. His head was resting on his hands, and you couldn't really tell if he had tears in his eyes.

"I just..." He began, sighing. His voice was shaky. "Every time I close my eyes, I see his face. I never really got to say goodbye. I didn't get to make him proud, and it-... It kills me,"

He still didn't look at you, but now you could clearly see the tears streaming down his face. You could feel your heart drop to your stomach. This whole time he had pretended to be fine when he would cry himself asleep. Dammit, of course he wasn't fine! How stupid could you be?

"Varian..." You spoke softly, putting a hand on his back. Your eyes were beginning to get teary as well. "He was proud of you. Every time I would visit you in old Corona, and your dad greeted me welcome because you were always busy in your lab, he talked only about you. Your inventions, your experiments, how you always helped others, even those idiots in your village who didn't like you. He did so with pride in his eyes. He was proud of you."