21. Face to face with Varian

This chapter took me sooo long to write.

Enjoy!

-I hope you're enjoying the story so far, btw!

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

"What have you done to him, you psychopath!?"

You sat down, as close to the bars as possible whispering with Eugene, Cassandra, and Andrew - them doing the same this as you. You somehow had this idea, that Varian or one of the automatons (that walked past your cells once in a while) could hear you if you spoke too loud.    

You were extremely focused right now. "Okay, so when it's night-"

"It always night," Eugene spoke. He was really grumpy. Not that you blamed him - if your sibling's best friend kidnapper your boyfriend twice, you wouldn't be the happiest person on earth either.

"Thanks for reminding me bro, I appreciate it." You sighed. "So in a couple of hours, when it's supposed to be night, I'll try to use my powers, and break this, eh, window behind me, and run into the night, right?"

Andrew and the others nodded.

"But I don't understand, why can't I just break these bars instead?" You pointed to the bars in front of you, that prevented you from reaching each other. "Then we can all get out and stop Varian together?"

Cassandra shook her head, whispering: "No, that'd be too much of a risk. Then there's too much for you to blow up, or whatever it is you're going to do, and you'll risk to cause way more noise. Besides the more damage you do, the more tired you get right?"

"And it'll be easier to cover up. Rapunzel's cloak is luckily still in your cell, so if you take your bedsheets, and put the cloak over it, then us other three can try and convince the upcoming guards that you're sleeping or something. We'll just have to hope that they won't notice the broken window." Andrew added in a low tone.

You nodded with furrowed brows. This sure was a big responsibility. "And then getting the hell out of here... And then what?" You asked them quietly.

They fell silent for a moment.

"You can't really warn the villagers. Their houses are guarded by moondogs. Like, how the hell did he even befriend those things? And those automatons... Like when did the boy even get the time to build those?"

You shrugged, and you felt your heart drop just thinking about it.

Your eyes winded. "I could run out to the snuggly duckling! And gather as many people as possible to storm the castle, and break you free!"   

"That's way too dangerous! You'll never get past the bridge! And have you forgot about the rocks?!" Your brother whisper-yelled, but the person sitting next to him, Cassandra, grabbed the bars of hope.