26. Planning

"If I'm going down, then you're going down with me!"

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

It didn't take you a long time to put two and two together. Your necklace was the moonstone. Or, a part of it, that is.

And that meant that you may be able to destroy the rocks once and for all. And bring the sun back to Corona.

You have never actually tried before. To use your powers on the rocks. And now that you thought of it, that had been very, very stupid of you. You had just figured, that if Rapunzel couldn't do anything about them, then neither could you. Besides, back then you hadn't wanted anyone to know about your powers.

So, if you were the one that could save Corona, and ruin great parts of Varian's plan, why was he leading you to your room right now, unguarded. He held you by your arm, but there weren't any handcuffs of robe involved. Why didn't he make a bigger deal out of it?

Did he just assume that you wouldn't do anything to harm him? Because that was only partly true.

It almost annoyed you how you were the one with powers, and still, here he was in total control of the situation. It should be the other way around. You should be the one scaring Varian to death.

You stopped up, making Varian beside you follow your actions.

What the hell were you saying? You wouldn't wanna sink down to his level, nor hurt him in any possible way. This was your nerve and fear speaking. Keep your shit together (Y/n)!

Varian rose a brow at you. He still held your arm tightly, and the feeling of him touching you, that used to make butterflies fly in your stomach, now left a cold, sad and empty feeling by the touch.

You shook your head, looking away. You noticed a large mirror, to the left. You saw Varian look in the mirror and jump slightly at the sight. He observed the reflection, observed himself as if he was surprised at what he saw. He had a hurt and wild look in his eyes at the same time.

Then he sighed and started pulling you by your arm. You stumbled after him.

The two of you began walking like you had before. There was still a good way to your room, and the silence was far from comfortable. Therefore you decided to ask your best friend, Mr. Psycopath here, where your brother and the other was.

It took a moment before Varian answered. For the first time in a long time, he looked like someone who thought carefully at what he was about to say, rather than just saying it. "They're together with the king and queen."

You furrowed your brows. You hadn't thought about the king and queen that much, to be honest. Varian must have locked them up or something as well. "And that means?.."