28. Victory... Somehow

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Don't push me

The beast in me is sleeping,

not dead

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

This was it. Your time to shine.

You ran as fast as you possibly could to the sound of Varian screaming your name over and over again. Anxiety rose in your body, as you got further and further away from him.

Way to go (Y/n). 2 minutes in, and you had already managed not to stick to your plan.

You were supposed to sneak out of your room, without him noticing. Not look him right in the eyes, before locking him inside!

But when you had seen the key right in the keyhole, begging for you to take it, how could you not?

Great parts of your plan didn't make sense now. You had planned to sneak around the castle, without anyone knowing - that way you had plenty of time to find your friends and the potion. But noo. Now you had to actually hurry. And your mind usually turns off when you're under pressure.

But maybe this was smarter than what you originally were going for. Maybe having Varian locked up in a room was the absolute best thing you could have done.

You shook your head, continuing your running. No time to overthink. Less thinking, more doing. You needed to save everyone today- uh, tonight.

And as you continue your path down to the potion room, where the next part of your plan took place, you were begging that Varian didn't have had a spare key on him.

-

You kicked the door open. Even though you had gotten in really good shape lately, your clothes were still soaked in sweat. You turned on the lights and went to the left shelf. Here you took two potions in the bag that you had picked up on your way here. Two potions that you had seen not too long ago. One with a heart. And one with a skull.

All a part of your plan.

You ran out of the room once again. But on your way out, something blue caught your eye. You stopped up, looking at the bottle with the still, blue liquid in it. Your eyes winded upon seeing the words that were written on it.

You hesitated for one moment. Then you took the potion and put it in your bag as well.

You breathed out. This was all going to turn out okay. You just need to keep going, (Y/n).

And that was what you did. The next stop was at the bridge. Outside.

-

When the cold air hit your pale face, your knees went weak. The sight of the forever dark night, the empty village, and just the feeling of the tension in the air, caused by the automatons walking in between the houses, made you feel sick.

That was also when it hit you how tired you actually were. You haven't slept in what felt like forever, and the fact that you always had to be prepared for anything was really tiring. To always be on the edge. It was god damn hard.

But it was not the time to feel self-pity.

You forced yourself to keep going. You ran through the royal garden, heading for the bridge. You made sure to avoid any automaton that was within a 20 meters radius.

Despite your tired and emotionally vulnerable state, you ran surprisingly fast. And after a while, you reached your goal.

The black rocks, lined up on the edge of the island, threatening to come closer. It was their black magic, that prevented the sun from rising.

This was a big threat, the big problem that you and your friends tried to solve. But you failed. And therefore you had to do something about that now.

You put your hands on a sharp rock, as your necklace starting glowing brighter.

You closed your eyes, focusing.

The solution had been you. This whole time. You, and your mystic powers. The world's wealth fare was currently in your hands. You couldn't let it down.

Your grip tightened.

You needed to do this. For Varian. For Rapunzel. Your brother. Cassandra. Yourself. Everyone.

"Come on, (Y/n)" You slowly breathed out, still focusing all of your energy into your hands, and into the black rock.

You could feel your hair rising. You could feel your fingertips growing hotter. It felt like electricity was running through your body. And you picture all of that energy to stream down through the black rock, down to its roots, that was connected to all of the other roots. And therefore take all of the black rocks down once and for all.

It was extremely difficult. You have never possessed this much magic inside of you, and now that you had it, you had trouble dealing with it.

Your hands slowly started shaking. You needed to do it now. Right now.

You shut your eyes closed, even harder this time. Pictures flashed before your eyes. All of your happy memories. You and Varian arm in arm, laughing. You and Eugene eating a very much burnt cake that you had been making. You, Cass and Rapunzel on girls day, shopping. A very strong picture of the sunset. You and Varian chasing Rudiger in the forest. A group picture of all 6, standing in front of the castle, holding each other. You all were looking so happy.

You kept these pictures in your mind as you forced the energy to leave your body, and into the rock.

You screamed. You didn't know if it was because of the pain, or because it was just a good way to let off your steam. The light from your necklace grew stronger and stronger, up to the point that it hurt your eyes.

But you kept going. And you could slowly feel the black rock crumble before you. Along with all of the others.

You slowly feel to the ground, not being able to stand up. You kissed the ground, and your hands were burning hot. You have never been this exhausted before. You tried to lift your arms, but it was like they had grown a thousand times heavier.

But your desire to see your work was strong. So, even in this broken state, you managed to lift your upper body, looking around.

There were no rocks in sight. You laughed in relief, even though it hurt. You had done it. You couldn't see the other side of the bridge that good, due to the darkness, but something in the air felt different. The curse had been lifted.

You had done it.

You heard loud steps behind you. Probably from an automaton. Varian had finally broken free from his prison, huh? Or did he just give his automatons command through the door?

Either way, you couldn't run, even if you tried to. Your whole body hurt. You couldn't feel your legs.

But you had done it. Saved Corona. From the rocks, that is. And just when you were about to just close your eyes in surrender, you saw something glowing weakly right beneath you.

The steps grew louder.

You slowly looked down. You gasped at the sight. It was you necklace. The moonstone.

Shattered into a million pieces.

Big, strong metallic arms picked you up. Glowing green eyes looked at you, right before the automaton began his walk back to the castle, where Varian probably was waiting for you.

And now you had to face him. Save your friends. Without any powers.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Y'all what should the name on your moon dog be? I have no ideas! ):