Chapter 7: Nostalgia

"Wait, what?" Fred freaked out for a moment, "How do you know who I am?"

"[Umm... because you were on the news paper?]" I answered him, sweating nervously.

"That's impossible! I died while we were on a gang fight and-!" Fred stopped silent. His eyebrows twitched, yet again, and suddenly, his eyes beamed like lasers.

"G?" He uttered a single letter as he quietly approached me.

"..."

I desperately wanted to hug him and scold him and fight along side him again, but... what if the events become the same in this life as well? Even in my previous life, he was an idiot, with daring principles.

I solemnly stared at him, trying desperately, to find an answer. I wanted to know too. What should I do? What can I do??

"You never changed..." J (Fred) looked at me with a sly smirk, "Is that a habit? You know, G, you always had the courage to stare directly into someone right in the eyes when you didn't know what to do."

I was sort of dumbfounded at his answer. He got me. Even without an answer.

"Hahaha..." Fred laughed, "But really, my little BABY SISTER, is the famous teenage delinquent of all times: Zero?"

I shrugged and nodded with a face of disdain, "[Can't be helped can it? I woke up to find myself like this. Yet, you. What about you?]"

"Mmm..." Fred held back his chuckle, "Not to me. I was reborn into this body when it was 7 years old. The previous owner had most likely died from the gun shot right at the heart- Anyway," he lightly brushed it off, "you remember that night? Heck, was the rain so cold..." he nervously chuckled.

"[Yeah... just like now.]" I replied coldly.

"What are you saying ma'man? C'mon, quit it with the jokes already!" Fred was fooling me, precariously trying to create a diversion.

"[Does it still hurt?]" I pointed my right hand towards his chest.

Fred smiled back, "Sometimes," he sighed and took me by the arms and carried me up the stairs, "hear the beats?"

I leaned onto him, closed my eyes, concentrated and evidently heard his heart thumping. He was alive. Somehow, I couldn't help myself to whimper, as inaudibly as possible, re-thinking over and over again of how happy I was!

"You've mastered the art of crying?" Fred laughed lightly.

"[I'm not crying! These are automatic baby tears! If I don't cry, how will I ever be healthy?]" I replied back to him with a rough tone.

"Puh-" Fred almost laughed out loud, but luckily I grabbed hold of his mouth and regretted it. There was slober all over my elbows. Being a baby sure is tough!

"Okay, I get it, thanks." Fred pulled himself together.

He was still laughing on the inside. I could feel him vibrate like a smart phone. Buzzing.

Sure it was funny, but somehow I became more and more irritated when he didn't stop. "Am I a joker?" I questioned myself, "damn this retard! Hmph." I pouted with irritation.

Watching closely while he stepped up the stairs, I noticed how much I had been used to as a child and how much weird it seemed from an adult's perspective. A sudden chill went by my spine.

"No way," I tried to convince myself, "I'm not scared! I used to be an adult over 30... Urgh!"

I closed my eyes and put both my hands on my shut eyelids. I could feel my body shivering fearfully. I couldn't picture myself being afraid of heights...