Chapter 18: Those Who Live.

"Oh thank god you're alright!" Analise hugged me tightly when I reached our dorm room.

I still felt uneasy being hugged by a girl. I mean, I'm a girl, but I'm also sort of... still... a boy.

"I survived." I faked a smile and pushed her aside gently.

"Hmm..." Lucy only expressed her boredom.

"Who did this to my bed?!" I was utterly shocked by the new bed in front of me.

A pink coloured bed will fluffs and frills covering from head to toe. Why am I being cursed by pink color! Considering my tired self, it looked like heaven, but inside, for some reason I felt blood boil to my brain.

"Hahaha..." Analise gave out a dry laugh, proving herself guilty, "Your... welcome?"

Her expression showed symptoms of anxiety and guilt.

"Whatever." I mumbled and sighed, giving up to her, without a fight.

"Its useless to fight with a girl, much less argue with Analise... they always end up crying..." I thought to myself, as I laid comfortably on the soft bed with a bedsheet wrapping myself in it.

"Good night!" Analise exclaimed with a cheerfully goofy smile that resembled Carmine.

"Mhm." I could just nod and turn to face the wall, still feeling slightly homesick.

_______
___

The next few days passed by quickly while I was adjusting to the new life at campus. It was quite boring when classes ended because being in school again seemed more like being back in prison.

During the times when I was alone, Analise would always come, chat with me and tire me out. It was exhausting!

But thanks to her naturally-born gossiping ability, kinda freaky if you ask me, I was able to get a lot of information out of her. Apparently, Analise's element was sound. In other words, vibration, to be precise.

Sound has been known as the 5th elemental, but always shrouded in mystery. Most of this element was only written in ancient books and till this day, no one knows the 5th elemental's exact usages. So people simply don't value the Sound element anymore.

"What a waste..." I often wondered, "but, may be I could help her some way... after all, I am used to sound equipments very well..."

"Ah, but a dual mage, huh? How lucky~" I thought to myself, feeling a pinch of jealousy, "Water and Sound are nice combinations..."

"Did you know?" Analise continued, "The new dorm head selection is going underway... and best of all!!! Get this! I applied to be a candidate!"

"Oh, I see, congrats." I tried to avoid an utterly boring subject, yawning even.

"Hehehe..." Analise produced an evil smirk, "Then did you know that you've been randomly selected to be a candidate too?"

"Stop kidding." I rolled my eyes, still yawning and stuffing my mouth with that horrible bread from the canteen.

"Yuck." I carelessly thought as I chewed.

"You have it so easy." I heard Analise mumble and then sigh.

Her face was like a sad young maiden you'd see often in black and white movies back in Earth.

"Well, I have afternoon classes," I tried to dodge the seemingly heavy topic, "See ya, 'kay?"

I left in a hurry.

"Oh gosh this dorm is so noisy," my head ached.

As my gaze shifted, the corner of my eyes caught the attention of a poster. "Vote for Gloria, The Unbeatable Champion and Troublemaker!!! She's always up to something..."