Chapter 29: The Night Crawler

[A/N: WARNING - Sensitive Content ahead. Readers are advised be at least 15 y/o. Please continue reading at your own risk. ☆]

Damn, there's no getting out of this sphere.

The more I shift my weight around, the further I sink. Can't be helped. Physical attacks are useless now. Only if I use a pure blunt mana attack, it just might work... however...

"Is that all you got?" I shout at my sister.

The quicksand hardens. Then immediately I feel like the boulder leaning closer to me. Hey, hey, big sis, don't ya think humiliating me is plenty enough already?! No need to squeeze me like a fly!

It's becoming harder to breathe. At this rate, I'm pretty sure I'll vomit out my organs sooner than later. Analise you idiot! You shouldn't have taught a child this kind of sad**tic sh*t!

I hope Carmine is keeping in mind not to kill me... not sure if I will be dying either by drowning in quicksand, or buried alive. Hmm, speaking of quicksand, although it's currently crushing me, this thing can't really-

"Urgh-!"

I sealed my lips, almost immediately. Never gonna let an opponent have that sweet sense of gratification. You won't defeat me by belittling me! Never!

"Endure, endure."

Mumbling these words, I turned my head partially to the side to distract my thoughts. A familiar figure stood at the corner of the Contestant's Area... who'd have thought-!?

UGH, does she plan on breaking my bones?

"Just admit defeat and I'll spare you." Carmine demanded. Unfortunately, her tensed shoulders and eyebrows gave her away. This is not my first time seeing the sheep act like a wolf.

"Kill me if you'd like, but spare me the torture, please!" I yell partly to help my sister, and partially out of frustration. Must. Act. Fast.

"Last chance."

"As if."

I mutter. Now that I know who is in the Contestant Area, do you think I'll be dumb enough to forfeit this match? Nai-

"Eh...?"

The Earth turned soft. From as hard as a rock, straight to soft mud, sucking me in. It distanced itself from me inch by inch, allowing me to breathe, but then sprung up to my shoulders, hardening like lava again! D*^%" b*%#%&, why don't you just bury me completely and let me ch*ke myself to death?! What the f**k do you achieve by humiliating me like this??

I swerved left and right, desperate to create a makeshift hallow space so that I could wriggle out. However, the crack was too tiny. In a fraction of a second, the boulder repaired by itself. I'll have to use mana again. But... how can I use something other than air? Cannot explode this thing and let everybody realise the vastness of my mana pool either! S%^#^&#! F%$#&&% %h*&$^#!!

F**k it all!

"Ah."

I bit my lip in desperation. Grit my teeth and endured. Had I not been using pure mana as a layer over my skin, all this time, I'm afraid I'd have been mushed into jelly right about now!

    Seriously, I should've listened to the principal and Lucy in the first place. Forget about the Dark Guild, or Fred, my own sister here is aiming for my life! Cannot get exposed. Cannot get exposed. Cannot get exposed.

I flinched and took a peek to the left.

Oh no... sh*t. We made eye contact!

The midget on the otherside gave a big ol' grin in return. But just as immediately, a large pair of hands pulled him back into the shadows...?!