Chapter 14: See You Soon, Brother!

[A/N: This chapter is very very long. Don't be too mad, okay guys~? Took me an entire month to write... 😅]

Even the drops of rain courted for my attention outside. Yet not a single curtain lifted within my room. Tears rolled down non-stop all over my face. I was just another girl and no matter how much I tried, Grade was an existence long extinguished, far far away.

"So who am I?" I tried to think, but it was impossible.

My heart had sunk into the pit of despair now. Fred hadn't replied yet and the bird hadn't arrived. On top of it all, despite being a mage at such a tender age, I was not qualified to be in M.T.S.

"..." I sniffled and cried until my pillows were wet, and then turned to wipe my tears and snots on the bed sheet.

Pink was not my style anymore. Things were so dark and bitter that I felt like I was worse than trash all over again... nobody would want me. Nobody cared.

While I was busy with my ambivalent feelings all rushing out and questioning my true identity, a knock on the door, instantly averted my attention. At the time, the back of my mind, clogged numerous anxieties, with everything else seemingly... pointless.

So I put the blanket down and tip-toed towards the door. I knew who it was the moment my ears pressed against the new wooden door.

The door was carved, especially to be slightly different, compared with the other rooms and thus, easily recognizable. The wooden carvings were simply as elegant as the Victorian Era paintings back on Earth. Each carve swayed with it's own unique personality.

As I leaned closer towards the door, my right ear pressed tightly against it, I heard that overly familiar voice. A voice full of arrogance and nobility. Talking to 'his' subjects.

Who else could it be, but Charles? I yawned without interest.

"The week has passed and she still won't open the door, sire." I heard a maid report to Charles.

"Her food had been left untouched until the past two days though," another maid opened her mouth, "of course, we have been diligently exchanging the course of every meal... sire."

"Good," Charles's voice sounded cold.

"Sire, if I must," a steward tried suggesting, "perhaps Miss Gloria would feel it better if you bring her a gift or stroll over town..."

Charles just coughed and said nothing.

For sometime afterwards, everything indulged in silence.

Busy footsteps were all I heard. Surely they had left? I pondered, lost in thoughts.

"I'm worried if this continues on..." I heard a faint voice speak.

"Let me handle this, George," I heard dad's rough voice whispering, "I'll talk to her."

There was knock on the door again and my poor eardrums were the worst of its victims.

Frankly, my ears were still ringing from the vibrations, as I rushed to push myself backwards. I stood in the middle of my room, speechless. The showering rain outside was still, as gloomy as ever.

"Gloria, honey," Dad spoke in a rather sweet and concerned tone, "we won't bite. We just want to talk to you... Could you please open the door...?"

"..." I paused for a few seconds, suddenly craving the urge to slam open the door and shout out loud how pathetic I felt deep inside.

On the contrary, I did none of that. Instead, "...I don't wanna..." I held a long pause before giving them my answer in a rather arrogant and selfish way.