Chapter 23.5

"WHAT!" Jo Lin furiously exclaimed, "You people are suspecting me, ME?!"

The officer in charge cleared his throat, then continued, "Miss Lin, please be aware that there are records of your suspension as well as a previous sabotage issue. If anything, the most likely suspect is you."

"Under what evidence!" Jo Lin's voice got louder.

The officer's eyes rolled towards me, "This person is...?"

So basically, I was abusively dragged here against my own will for no apparent reason. While there was some truth that the principal was indeed poisoned, the investigators had no definite evidence. Just circumstantial ones.

"He-hello," I greeted the man with the stylish mustache, in front of me.

Already pissed off, the Secretary roared, "AH, THIS? This thing is your primary suspect. Miss Gloria Gale Windstorm."

"At least she introduced me." I remained calm.

"I see, then student Gloria, please come with me." The mustache weirdo uncle stated.

"Sure." I agreed.

"Arrest her." The Secretary demanded.

"Officer Kent, please make sure to escort the Secretary out." Mustache uncle ordered.

"Yes, sir!"

Against her will, Secretary Jo Lin was dragged away. It was fun seeing her struggle the way I did a few moments ago.

In the detention room on the same floor as the principal's office, I was taken for interrogation. Though all the mustache man did was stare at me and sigh from time to time. In the back of my mind, I thanked God for making me an innocent looking 10 year old girl. Had I been any similar to my past appearance, I would be dragged away and imprisoned without any verification.

"Um... what is your name?" I asked him.

"Lieutenant Commander Knight, Krenes W. Resaé." He answered.

"Mr. Kren...?" I tilted my head a little to give a cute expression.

"Call me whatever. But before that, allow me to ask you a few questions, yes?" He didn't budge.

I simply nodded my head and continued my innocent act.

"Despite such a clumsy appearance, you have quite the record, Miss Gloria." Mr. Kren smirked, looking directly into my eyes, "You have broken school property, attacked a teacher, got him expelled, got even the Secretary suspended, set the gymnasium on fire, almost caused your gym teacher's death by pulling a 'simple' prank and..." his glare intensified, "are the primary suspect of this case. Did you, or did you not, attempt on poisoning the principal?"

I couldn't look away from his gaze. If I averted my eyes, then there's no telling this fellow might just declare me as the culprit.

I let out a gentle sigh to release my internal stress and closed my eyes.

As soon as I opened them after clearing my thoughts, filled with determination, I spoke. If he kept me detained, I knew that the real culprit might escape. What if, just what if, the culprit wound up being a dark guild member? The possibility isn't zero.

"Mr. Krenes, are you perhaps suspecting me because of the after party drink that I was sent to provide for the principal?" But before he got the chance to answer, I shot him down, "And if yes, then you do realize that I was chosen unanimously by the group. Furthermore, it was a random thing the Secretary formed, at the last minute. You expect me, let alone anyone else, to believe that I predicted and acted upon, all of this by myself?"