Chapter 20: Error?

< Fred's POV >

"Your previous mission ended up as a failure." a voice filled with fury barked at me.

"I apologize, sir."

"..."

Neither of us uttered a word, but his pissed off face, was a sight to see!

"Your insolence must not be repeated a second time, 3rd Darken Byloft commander-in-cheif, Fred Tempest Wildwood Windstorm. Am I clear?" Greggor demanded.

"Yes!" I was less than thrilled, but could only bow down to his commands.

"Has being the youngest ever unofficial Darken Byloft, muddled your memories? Perhaps your mannerisms..." his wicked gaze was filled with nothing short of arrogance.

"Pardon my foolishness, Lord Greggor. I was merely overwhelmed by your magnificence is all, my lord." I regretted every word that came out of my mouth just now.

Yes, Lord Greggor. A fearsome and cruel human (?). Despite his hoarse and nerve wracking voice, he is said to be a man of unknown age. Standing at the very top of the pyramid system of the Dark Guild, second only to the King Of Darkness, himself.

Oh, but still hateful. After all, Lord Greggor, has an awful and twisted personality.

"Go. Your next mission will be filled in later."

He smirked.

"Ah. Of course he's happy." I couldn't help but think and hide a smile. "Just as we expected."

"Before you leave... Your punishment for failure shall be 'Strike By 10 Lightning Bolts,' to serve as a lesson." Greggor's cold voice matched perfectly in tune with his broad grin.

"Of course, as you wish, Lord Greggor." I remained calm and composed.

"Leave." Greggor announced. Clearly, he seemed a bit pissed off by my unemotionally stoic face.

I stood up, bowed and left.

The door behind me closed.

"Why does that weirdo even wear a skull of an Orthoditch anyway? Does he have a fetish, I wonder..." my mind trailed off into meaningless thoughts, "Come to think of it, I've never really seen how that old guy looks like, even in his young facade."

"...!"

"Watch where you-" somebody yelled and fell silent upon seeing me.

Their faces turned pale and almost immediately, he and his companion saluted me, "Excuse us, Chief!"

"Get Lost." I furrowed my eyes and glared at them.

White as a sheet, they scurried off.

"How boring." I thought and sighed, heading down the narrow dark and damp hall to reach my Unit's quarters.

As usual it was eerily quiet. The further I walked, the darker it got. The lamps ignited by sangria flames didn't help either.

"Can't be helped!" I thought to myself, a bit flustered, "Even though it's been a while since I joined the Dark Guild, it's not like I have dark magic within me. Thank goodness for these contacts... with just a little bit more effort they'll be perfect night vision goggles in the near future...!"

I decided to reward Izzaq for his earnest effort in helping me with these contacts.

Hahaha... I wonder what that little squirt, back home, is up to now.

My lips widened and my cheeks felt warm. Of course... it had indeed been sometime now, huh? Everytime I think about hi- no, her... I just can't help but smile.