Chapter 10: Part 3

Aislyn halted just in front of the door to the kitchen and listened in to the boys quietly speaking amongst themselves.

"You've got bollocks, I'll give you that," she heard Galen say.

"I nearly shit myself when she burst into my room, I thought she was going to skin me alive," replied Logan.

If he ever tried anything like that again, there would be a high possibility of that happening, she thought to herself.

"What do you think she's doing now?"

"I don't kn- "

"Getting breakfast," she interrupted, striding into the kitchen, head held high but, in an angle, so that they could only see half her face.

She heard more than saw, Logan choke on his drink before jumping from his seat.

"What the fuck!" he shouted, throwing his arms up into the air, "how have you got eyebrows? I thought you said growing hair wasn't one of the things you could control- oof."

Galen elbowed him sharply in the ribs, throwing a glance to keep him quiet.

Logan's eyes widen in the realization of what he had just said, and he sat back down without another word.

Aislyn looked over her shoulder, flipping her braid back, and gave the boys a smouldering smile, peering out at them from under her eyelashes.

She quickly glanced at Galen to see him roll his eyes at her, used to antics.

Her gaze settled over Tamani who just merely sat there and stared at her, mouth slightly agape. When his eyes finally finished their journey up her body, the settled on hers and even from across the room, Aislyn could hear him gulp. She flashed her teeth at him before turning around to fill some water into a cup.

Pouring out the water, facing away from the boys, she mentally grinned to herself. None of them were speaking and she couldn't still feel their eyes boring into her back like a dagger.

"Ais...?"

"Hmm," she replied, turning to look at her brother.

"You look really prett- "

"Gorgeous," replied Tamani, cheeks reddening when everyone looked at him.

"Thank you," replied Aislyn, toying with the end of her braid.

Sipping delicately at her water, she took the opportunity to observe the boys.

"Um, I thought you didn't have any eyebrows..." mumbled her brother.

"Then you were mistaken."

Galen sat eating a slice of toast, seemingly oblivious to the silence echoing in the room. Jackson had gone back to reading the parchment paper he held in his hands, a small smile dancing across his lips. Logan sat with a face like thunder, staring off into the distance, rubbing a hand over his forehead. And Tamani... Tamani just sat where he was, eyes roaming across Aislyn, a starstruck look in his eyes.

Placing her water down, Aislyn cleared her throat, drawing the attention back to her, before asking, "Will someone take a walk with me in the market?"

Wordlessly, Galen put down his food and stood up from his seat. He began to take a step forward, but Tamani jumped up from where he was sitting and almost shouted, "I will!"

Aislyn smirked and winked at Galen, who merely shrugged his shoulders, sat down and resumed eating, and reached out an arm to Tamani.

Tamani walked over to Aislyn and she hooked her arm through his, waving goodbye at Galen, Jackson and Logan.