Slither

"We cannot bring him back, he is safer with Sidapa! The beast does not know of his whereabouts." Haliya tried to reason with the twins Banolor and Banilig, as they floated in the sky, scared that the Bakunawa might appear again.

"This is his place! He is much stronger with his family than in some shrouded mountain." Banolor voiced out.

"The more moons there are to confuse the sea serpent, the more chances we can defeat it." Banilig interjected.

"You would have our youngest brother fall prey to a sea creature than know he is safe on land? What kind of brothers are you!" Mayari asked her other two siblings.

"The kind that have obligations to protect the sky from darkening!" Banolor answered.

"We shouldn't be arguing with each other. Now is not the time to be divided. We must focus all our attention in defeating the monster. And on avenging the death of Subang." Haliya explained.

"You are right, little sister. There's four of us here. Each of us will post ourselves in different directions. I will take the north. Banilig south. Mayari east. And you Haliya take the west part of the sky." Banolor explained.

"Four gods against one beast, seems like an unfair advantage don't you think?" Banilig smirked.

"Do not be over confident. You've seen first hand how fast it moves. We're not even sure if our swords, knives, axe, and arrows will even have an effect of its scales." Mayari chastised her older brother.

"Only one way to find out, we strike it when..." Haliya was caught off guard when a shiny silver object swooshed past her.

The next thing she heard was Banolor's scream of fear, as all three sibling rushed to help their brother from being swallowed by the monster.

The three took chase, Mayari crying as she threw her silver knives at the retreating figure of the Bakunawa.

Banilig's arrows could not connect with the fast moving shape of the monster.

Haliya's sword was able to chop a small piece of scale from the tail of the sea serpent, but it did not release their brother.

The chase ended when the Bakunawa submerged itself into the crimson waves of the sea, successful in its objective.

Haliya cried with Mayari, as Banolor howled in anger and defeat.

From the island of Aria, the night creatures gathered to rejoice in the ever diminishing light of the night.

Asuang gathered his minions and prepared them to strike fear in the hearts of the inhabitants who killed... the girl that the Bakunawa loved.