Asuang

"My people and I were peace loving, gentle, kind. We traveled the Earth as nomads, carefree and happy. We transfered from one area to another, either in search of food or for shelter against the cold and hot seasons.

"We hunted foul birds and wild beasts, eating them raw since fire was prohibited for our tribe to ever use again, this after I stole fire from one of the gods before and almost burned the whole of creation to ashes once.

"Our physical attributes were different, hence most people were frightened of us. To them, we were an abomination. Ugly. Unworthy.

"We served the mighty Sidapa. He was the god who created us along with the other night creatures. In the past, we had his protection and blessings. No human or god dared to do us wrong in fear of his wrath.

"Then... things changed. We lost our direct contact to the mighty god. He turned his back on his creations, and descended from the sky to live alone atop his shrouded mountain. He neither watched over us, nor guided our every undertaking. It was as if he became displeased with how the world treated him. He became recluse, unreachable, withdrawn.

"My tribe and I landed at the island where the girl Aria lived, and fell in love with the Bakunawa. A storm crashed our ship against the jagged rocks of the shore, and we were forced to seek shelter with the villagers.

"During that time my loving wife was pregnant. The people were unwelcoming, they ridiculed us for our strange looks and way of living. They always found a way to either mistreat us or show their mean side to us.

"On the night my first child was to be born, the chieftain ordered his men to round up all the hunters in my tribe. He said one of his prized stallions had gone missing, and the man who guarded his stables pointed an accusing finger at my people.

"We tried to reason with the chief, but he would not listen to us. He ordered our huts be burned as punishment for a crime we did not commit. My wife was in labor as I was detained in the dungeon along with the other male hunters of our tribe. I came home the next morning to our burned hut... with my wife in ashes.

"I cried in anguish, in pain. I became consumed with the need for vengeance. I let the darkness within me control my actions, and I lashed out at the entire village.

"At night, when my people and I were at our most active state, we hunted down and ate the people who ridiculed and tormented us.

"I personally hunted down the man who accused us falsely. Seeing his wife pregnant, I let him watch as I tore his wife apart limb by limb and ate his unborn child in front of him. Then I took his wife's heart from her ribcage, and stuffed it in his mouth before I ordered my men to devour him alive.

"We would not have been discovered had it not been for the light of the seven moons. The chieftain ordered us all to be hunted down, and executed. We had to retreat into the darkness, the shadows, the caves.

"I tricked the Bakunawa to devour the moons. Using his pain to propel him to take revenge, I planted the idea that we could work together. I would kill every single human on the island, if he would throw the night into complete darkness. I used his loss to serve my goal, and for that I am truly sorry.

"Instead of helping him cope with the pain that I too had personally experienced, I shamelessly manipulated the poor soul to run amok, and spread fear and loss.

"Having failed at completely devouring all the moons, I knew that I could not count on the Bakunawa to complete his mission. I turned to Malandoc, and played with his pride to win him to my side and attempt to take you away from my master. Yet that too yielded nothing but failure.