Haliya

"Mayari!"

The sound was deafening. It came from outside their hut. Mayari ran to the door to find Haliya, an injured bulk of a man in her arms.

"Hurry! I need your help. He's hurt." Haliya deposited the unconscious man on the soft soil infront of Mayari's hut.

"Why did you come here? Why did you bring him here!" Mayari looked panicked.

"Well, because I need your help to cure this man. And your knowledge of medicinal plants are unparalleled." Haliya replied, trying to understand why Mayari looked shocked.

"My husband is on his way home, he'll be here any minute! I don't want him to see you." Mayari explained, pacing back and forth while wringing her hands.

"But this man needs help! Being my sister I thought of you first. I had no idea you'd be this worried over your husband's return."

"That man is not my concern! I have no obligation to cure him. Now please leave, before my identity is divulged. Please, just... go." Mayari begged Haliya.

"You're ashamed of me? Of your lineage?" Haliya said, finally understanding Mayari's dilema.

"No... not ashamed. It's just... for the first time I am happy. I am afraid of losing my husband if he finds out that you and I are sisters."

"That still sounds like you're ashamed of me." Haliya sadly replied.

"Haliya please. My husband... he means everything to me. Please? Please leave before he comes home and finds you here." Mayari begged.

"I will not forget this Mayari. But I will grant you your wish. From this day forth, I sever any and all ties with you. You are no longer a sister of the moon." Haliya had tears in her eyes as she picked the unconcious man from the ground to turn into white smoke seconds later, and disappear.

"Haliya wait! That's the... Bakunawa." Mayari cried as she lost another member of her family. This time not to death... but due to her selfishness.

🐉🐉🐉

"Why have you brought him here!" Sidapa roared at Haliya, seeing an injured man soaking in his lake.

"Your lake has healing properties. I didn't know what else to do. Mayari would not help me. This lake is his last chance to stay alive after I found him being attacked by Asuang's men." Haliya cradled the unconcious form of the man whose wounds started disappearing the instant she lowered him into the soothing waters of the magical lake.

"Have you lost your mind? Do you not see who it is you are saving?" Sidapa's voice shook the very ground he stood on.

"A life is a life! Regardless of who it is. This man needs my help. There has been too much bloodshed and lost lives these past few days. I will not add this man's life to that list." Haliya answered checking to see if the injured form is still breathing.

"You cannot just bring anyone into my domain without my permission. You have damaged the shroud that protects Mt. Madjaas by bringing this soiled being into my presence. The barriers that surrounds this place have been weakened by your impetuousness. I believe your eyes decieve you due to your desire to help. Your actions will be your own undoing Haliya. I will let you heal him for now, but know that the next time I set my eyes on that individual... I will painfully end his life." Sidapa growled then disappeared in a black smoke.

Haliya, with the help of the mermaids, lowered the unconcious form till only his head was above the waters. She carefully supported his weight, as the healing process continued to take effect.

Unbeknownst to Haliya, a malevolent figure has pierced the barrier of Mt. Madjaas the moment she entered with the frail figure in her arms. Asuang watched from the shadows, his eyes taking in the surroundings as he gladly formulated a plan to rid himself of the remaining moon.

"So this is where the moon hides! Now it will be easy for me to be rid of the moon, the Bakunawa, and my lord... Sidapa."