War and Death

Mountains were leveled.

Valleys upturned.

Seas dried up.

And forests destroyed.

These were the effects of the war that raged on for over three months.

Sidapa was reluctant to relinquish his brilliant moon over to the war god Malandoc.

Though more aggressive, better at swordsmanship, and a cunning strategist, Malandoc was unsuccessful at defeating the god of death's determination.

It was like death clung to his very reason to exist.

As always, death was unrelenting.

Malandoc's armada, and legion of skilled pirates, warriors, shamans, and archers all gathered to support their god in his undertaking. They courageously set out to kill, or render incapacitated any human, beast, or god who dared oppose Malandoc's undertaking.

On the surface world, beasts under Sidapa's control devoured humans who fought alongside the god of war, warriors and swordsman who dared to raise their metal against the mighty Sidapa. Their deaths in the hands of the night creatures benefitted the death god all the more, by adding number to Sidapa's already impressive army of the dead, causing Malandoc's chances of winning to further decrease.

The night creatures gathered to support their lord and master, in full force they decapitated, devoured, and destroyed every single warrior that wielded the war god's banner.

In the end it was a showdown between Sidapa's death scythe and Malandoc's twin swords.

Their clashing metals of ethereal material created a sound that shook the Earth and echoed up to the sky.

"Yield!" Malandoc shouted at Sidapa when he had the god of death cornered against his own shrouded mountain at Mt. Madjaas.

"Never!" Sidapa sneered at the younger god.

"Then prepare to vanish." Malandoc raised his sword to slash Sidapa's head off but a blinding light startled both of them.

Bulan appeared, his light turning the sea beneath his feet almost transparent. He showed Sidapa bodies of dead people who were victims of Malandoc's pilfering. People who died helplessly as Malandoc's pirates raided their boats then killed them. Their bodies lay swollen and bloated under the sea corals, their souls unfreed. Sidapa smiled, knowing what Bulan was trying to do.

"Rise! Fight alongside me, and I shall grant your souls rest." Sidapa commanded and instantly a new set of armies arose from under Bulan's feet. They advanced and pounced on Malandoc, giving Sidapa the chance to turn the situation around and restrain Malandoc. His death scythe cutting deep into the war god's neck.

"Yield Malandoc!" Bulan said, floating towards the smiling Sidapa. "You have been defeated. Sidapa has proven his worth... I am his. Was always his. Will always be his." Bulan landed to stand a few feet away from the towering figure shrouded in black smoke, holding the war god captive.

"My brilliant moon. I hope it is now clear to you what you are to me. Yes, you are my friend... but you are more than that. You are my love. I ask for your forgiveness, for I have been a coward to accept how I have been under your spell all along." Sidapa said.

"I know now. And I accept. I will be your partner, from this day forth, till the afterlife." Bulan smiled. Sidapa almost leapt with joy, he loosened his hold on Malandoc, knowing that he has finally achieved his goal.

"You are free Malandoc. I only wanted my brilliant moon back. Now that I have him, let our quarrel be no more. You may return to your island... I release you." Sidapa said, and instantly the souls vanished, returned to the afterlife.

Malandoc stood up slowly, and brushed the dirt from his body. He scowled at the smiling Sidapa, and then without warning charged at the unsuspecting moon god to sink his sword into Bulan's heart.

Sidapa suddenly aware of the war god's intent vanished into smoke, only to reappear in front of Bulan... taking the twin blades into his own body to protect his brilliant moon.

It was too late when Malandoc realized the death scythe was deeply embedded in his neck, a triumphant smile was plastered on his lips as his head slowly fell away from his neck to land loudly on the foot of Mt. Madjaas.

The war god was no more, and the god of death was about to follow.

"No!" Bulan cried as Sidapa toppled over, bleeding, and coughing.

Bulan crouched beside Sidapa, his fear clearly etched on his perfectly handsome face.

"Worry not, I will not be far away. Though my powers will be taken away, returned to the sky I shall wait for you in the afterlife. Live your life my brilliant moon, be happy in the knowledge that though I was unable to show you each single day how much you mean to me, I have and always will love you. Be safe... my brilliant moon. Till we meet again... my love." And Sidapa's eyes closed, seemingly for the last time.

"No! Sidapa... you can't! Come back! I won't let you... come back! Come back!" Bulan pounded Sidapa's chest. His tears now a steady stream.

The night engulfed his surroundings, almost immediately everything became shrouded in darkness.

All of Sisapa's creation started to fade, the mermaids, the fireflies, the mountain he built... all became transparent as Sidapa's breath began to leave his body.

Bulan remembered his grandfather's words. That his light will be brightest during his darkest hour. He took a deep breath and called upon all of his powers. His light intensified, throwing everything in a shining, blinding existence. He reached into the void, across space and time to freeze the damage inflicted on Sidapa's body.

Bulan watched as Sidapa's smoke began to dissipate and his true form became clearer. A handsome god appeared before Bulan, majestic, strong, virile, and very attractive. A crown of gold with ten pointed tips rested firmly on the head of the unconscious Sidapa. His body covered in shimmering silk and satin.

Bulan began to inspect where Sidapa's wounds were, he was still breathing, but Bulan knew he had very little time left. He knew he had to find a way to heal Sidapa completely before his last breath was expelled.

"Haliya! Mayari! Help me my sisters!" Bulan cried to the emptiness, and the wind carried his plea.

Instantly Haliya floated down, her mask of stars and sword of lightning added to the light around them.

Mayari appeared in a white cloak with her moonstaff, a bottle in her grasp.

"Quickly, Haliya gather water from Lake Tranquility, add it to the potion in this bottle." Haliya did as her older sister instructed. She returned with the bottle, giving it to Bulan.

"Now pour it on Sidapa's wounds, place your hand on his heart, radiate your light to bring him out of his darkness so that he may leave his wounds and hurt behind. Concentrate my little brother." Mayari took her staff and cocooned them all in a bubble of healing.

It took almost a few minutes before Sidapa groaned, his wounds successfully healed.

"Come Haliya, he is regaining conciousness. They need some time alone. We must go." Mayari smiled, then vanished in a white mist.

Haliya nooded at Bulan, then started to ascend the night skies, leaving Bulan cradling the slowly awakening god of death.

"Hello there my dark cloud. You gave me quite a scare." Bulan said, tears streaming down his cheeks.

"I dreamt you took advantage of me. That in my weakened state you undressed me, and had your way with me little one. I felt your lips cover mine. Or did I just dream it all..." Sidapa never finished his tale, for his lips were instantly claimed by the moon god's soft, pliant, thirsty lips.

Their kiss lingered, as Sidapa's creations returned to life.