3: Rainy-chan

The next few days were agony. I was waiting on my acceptance letter to come through the mail. I have no doubt I made it based on my performance during the practical exam and the written one was a breeze.

"Do you want some apple juice?" Kurogiri asked as I stared blankly at the wall.

I shook my head. "No thank you."

Tomura walked in. "Has the letter arri-"

I shoot him a look that said, "no, and I'm going crazy waiting."

He jumped a little bit from my dark aura. "Geez, calm down..."

"If the letter doesn't come, that means I didn't get accepted, if I didn't get accepted, the whole mission is a failure!" I groaned. I suddenly get up. "I can't wait any longer. I know I just checked the mailbox, but I'm checking again!" I put on my sneakers and a hoodie and left the bar. I walked a few streets away to an abandoned house that I used the postal code for. I opened the faded blue box and my breath hitched when I spot a white envelope in it. The UA symbol was gleaming on the front. I felt my heartbeat accelerate as I headed back to the abandoned bar and slammed the door open.

"It's here!" I shouted as I frantically kicked off my shoes and hoodie. I sat on the couch and teared open the envelope. Something clattered onto the coffee table and then lit up. It was a hologram from UA telling me that I've been accepted and that my performance at the entrance exams was exceptional. They told me I am in class 1-A before the hologram shut off.

"Good job!" Kurogiri said.

"The mission is no longer in jeopardy!" I said excitedly. "I'm happy about that, but I'm still disgusted by all these hero wannabes."

"Great!" Tomura exclaimed. "I got you the uniform. It's in your room."

"Thank you, Tomura!" I said before heading upstairs to try it on.

It wasn't my style. It was too preppy, but it looked damn good on me, so I didn't mind too much. I looked at myself in the mirror and tried to smile. I stared at myself. 'It's so fake'. I thought. It was so forced you could tell. My lips fell back into a frown and I wondered if my smile was that trashy during the entrance exams.
'Speaking of the entrance exams, I wonder if that hedgehog that looked like Katsu-chan made it.' I thought. I let out a sigh as I changed out of the uniform and hung it back up in the closet. 'I've got until spring.'

——-
The annoying beeping of my alarm clock screams at me to wake up. I slam my hand down on the snooze bar and stretch as I get up.
'First day of school.' I quickly shower and brush my short, light brown hair so it doesn't look like a bird's nest. I then change into my uniform and head downstairs. I grab a slice of whole-grain toast and pop it in my mouth before getting my backpack and heading out the door.

As I hurry towards the train station, I admire what a nice day it is today. The birds are chirping in the clear blue sky and the sun is shining brightly. 'The bright sky doesn't match my mood.' I think. After the anticipation and excitement of getting into UA was over, the realization of what a pain it's going to be when I have to stick around a bunch of goody-two-shoes and pretend to be one sets in. 'I wonder if Midoriya-kun got in.' He was pretty nice to me and it felt good to not be alone. My thoughts then trail back to the guy who resembled a bee or Pikachu. 'I wonder if he got in, too.'

My thoughts are cut off by the screeching of the train as it comes to a stop in front of me. I get on and sit down as I plug my earphones in. 'Music always makes me feel better.' I scroll through my playlist and end up just clicking shuffle because I can't choose.
After a few minutes, the train comes to a halt at my stop and I hop off the train. I then head towards UA.