Close Enough

As I slip out the front door, I immediately bump into someone. I get ready to release my quirk as I turn around and lock eyes with the short-tempered blonde Rei is into.

His eyes go wide. "What the fuck are you doing here, smelly-bastard?!" His hand crackles with what I assume is his quirk.

"I could ask you the same." I mutter.

"I'm here to see Rei." He hisses. "This is her house if you haven't noticed."

My eyes widen. This boy shockingly resembles him. The sharp-toothed, black haired boy Tayuya walked to school with.

"Is Tayuya coming down?" He snaps at me.

I peer down at the middle-schooler. I was in highschool at the time and much taller than he. "She's always late to school. You should probably leave if you don't want to be late too." I reply.

He glares at me before sitting down on the front porch steps. "I'll wait." He mutters

I smirk. "What a gentleman! But you don't look like her type."

"I DON'T LIKE HER!" He exclaims, ears almost as red as his cheeks.

I snicker. "Hurry up, princess! Your boyfriend is waiting for you downstairs!" I tease.

"I'm not her boyfriend!"He growls. "And why are you calling her princess? That's so weird."

"Our dad calls her princess." I say with a shrug.

"Well, stop acting like her dad! You're in highschool so quit playing adult!" He snaps. "It's making me feel weird." He mutters.

I raise my eyebrows. "I am her dad for now." I state with a frown. "Our dad is in the hospital right now."
He looks taken aback, but I smile at him. "Take care of her, alright little gentleman?"

"I'm calling the cops right now if you don't start talking!" The blonde boy threatens. "What did you do to Rei?!" He barks.

"What did you do to Tayuya?!" He angrily yells when I tell him she isn't coming out of the house.

"I didn't do anything." I mutter. "And it got her killed."

The boy's eyes widen and his mouth gapes open. His face was almost identical to Tayuya's, horror-filled eyes and speechless mouth.

"Answer me, bastard!" He exclaims.

"Nothing." I respond. "I did the dishes for her and that's about it."

He makes a face. If facial expressions could have words, he would've said, "what the fuck?"

When he doesn't reply, I turn to leave. "Take care of her, gentleman." I mutter as I walk off.
——-
*Rei's POV*

I change out of my uniform and debate on what to wear. 'I want to be comfy, but Ryuusuke is here.' I think as I rule out the white t-shirt, since you can clearly see my black bra under it (girl problems ngl). 'Whatever, he's already seen stuff anyway so....' I slip on the comfy t-shirt and shorts.

I then head over to my desk and play some music while watching the cars that pass by and the street lamps starting to flicker to life. Suddenly, I spot Katsuki walking down the sidewalk. 'Is he coming here?!' I alarmingly think. 'I have to tell Ryuusuke!' I quickly pause my music and rush to get up when I hear the front door open. I look out the window and see Ryuusuke and Katsuki bump into each other on the driveway.

'Shoot!' I think. I dash down the steps and swing open the front door, only to see Ryuusuke walking down the street and Katsuki staring at him.

"Katsuki!" I call out to him. He walks over to the front door. "Come in." I say as I shut the door behind him.

"You look comfortable." I remark at his black hoodie and sweatpants.

"You look even more comfortable." He replies.

I blush, realizing he can see my bra and my shorts are a bit too short.

"Anyway, tell me why the fuck that guy was here!" He exclaims.

"Uhm..." I stutter.

"Wait a minute," he starts. "You were dressed like that while he was here?!"

I feel my face heat up even more. "N-No, I just changed a few minutes ago."

Katsuki growls. "That still doesn't answer why the fuck he was here!"

"I-I actually have no idea, but he cooked dinner and then did the dishes before leaving." I reply. "The food was not poisoned, don't worry."

Katsuki only seemed to get angrier. "Probably wasn't even that good." He mutters.

"Huh?" I blink in confusion.

"Bet I can cook better than him!" He says to himself.

"Pffft!" I laugh. "Are you jealous?!"

He blushes. "I'm not jealous! Why would I be jealous?! I'm way better than that guy!"

I giggle and fall onto the couch. "I know you are."
He sits down next to me and huffs out a breath.

"Why are you here? Not that I mind!" I add quickly. "I actually like you here! I mean, like that you're here." I sputter.

He snickers. "Can't believe a dumbass like you beat me in a fight."

"Hey! I'm not that dumb!" I playfully whack his shoulder.

"That was weak." He smirks.

"Well, I'm not exactly trying to break your shoulder, am I? If I was, I could've done it a while ago." I state. "You're close enough for me to put you into a head lock, y'know."

"You're close enough for me to put you in a chokehold." Katsuki replies.

"Well you're close enough for me to break your nose." I respond.

"You're close enough for me to explode."

"You're close enough for me to stab."

"You're close enough for me to kiss."
Both our eyes widen. "I meant 'kill'!" He exclaims.

I laugh. "You should've seen your face!"

He blushes. "Your face was just as bad!" He growls.

"Whatever!" I say between laughs. He cousins help but to crack a smile.

Suddenly, my phone rings, interrupting our joyful moment. I take my phone out of my pocket and see it's from the hospital.

"Hello?" I quickly answer.

"Shouta Aizawa just woke up."