Decaying to Nothing

My eyes widen and my mouth gapes open. "It's a Nomu!" I sputter in shock.
-----

We watch in horror, our feet glued to the ground as the Nomu shakes spastically as it tries to stand up.

"What was that crash?!" Aizawa and a few officers slide open the door.
I hear their gasps and exclamations as they spot the horrific creature on the classroom floor.

"Let's go!" Ryuusuke shouts and we all run towards the door.

'So Dabi wasn't going to make the first move. Not at all.' I think as we file into the hallway, slamming the door shut behind us. 'This is like a complicated game of chess.'

"Everyone, exit the building imme-" the nomu crashes through the door.

"Aizawa-sensei!" we yell as the nomu stands above him, now triple its previous mass.

The floor gets coated in a sheen of frost and the Nomu is encased in crystaline ice. "Thank you, Todoroki." Aizawa says as he scrambles off the floor in time before the Nomu smashes through the icy restraints.
"Now go!" He orders.

"B-But-" I start.

"The pros will be here soon and," Aizawa puts on his goggles. "I'm a pro, too."

"Come on!" Katsuki grabs my hand and pulls me with him. I blush as my heart races. 'Not the time for this, Rei.' I mentally scold myself.

As we make our way to the exit, we hear the loud sirens and see red and blue flashing lights through the windows.
Katsuki had let go of my hand somewhere along the way and I couldn't help but feel slightly disappointed.

"We're almost there!" A police officer shouts as we pass the cafeteria.

"Ah-ah-ah, not so fast!" A voice echoes through the hall and a swirling, black portal envelops all of us.

'Kurogiri!' I think and quickly latch onto the nearest hand so I'm not teleported somewhere alone.

As soon as the swirling purple mist had dissipated, I realize I'm now in one of the school's longer hallways. I look to my left and see Ryuusuke lying on the ground.

"Are you okay?" I ask as I help him up.

He nods. "You're okay too, right?"

"Yeah." I reply as I scan the hallway. I look out the window and see we're on the very topmost floor- the fifteenth floor. "We have to start making our way down. We're on the fifteenth floor, so it's going to take us a bit."

"There's no elevators in this school?" Ryuusuke whines.

"Nope." I reply. "We have to move now."
We start running down the hall towards the stairway when a rumble vibrates through the floor.
"What was that?" I ask while looking around.

"Shh." Ryuusuke shushes me. In the dead quiet of the upper floor, we could make out the sounds of a explosions from the floor beneath us.

"It's Katsuki!" I exclaim and dash towards the stairs.

"Wait!" Ryuusuke says. "If there's explosions, he's probably in a fight."