The Calm Before

"Bakugou, you're next." Midnight says. "Pick a partner to practice with."

Bakugou doesn't speak up, but I can tell who he wants to fight.
He sends me a condescending smirk and a challenging expression. I follow up in front of our class.

"Ready to get your ass beat?" He asks.

I let a moment of silence pass before replying. "Oh, sorry, I though you were giving yourself a pep-talk." I smirk.

His smirk drops and anger fills his eyes. "I was talking to you, and I doubt I look anything like a loser."

"Aw! You two are so energized and filled with youth!" Midnight exclaims gleefully. "Alright, ready....

I get into a ready stance and so does Katsuki.

"Set....

He glares at me and I glare right back. 'If I know anything about Katsuki, I know that he'll charge at me first.' I think as I get prepared to dodge or block.

GO!" Midnight shouts.

Just I predicted, Katsuki runs towards me and throws a punch, but I quickly block it and swing my own punch. He ducks and loops his leg around mine, trying to trip me. He grabs my arm and swings me up before throwing my down. I land in a roll and stand, only to duck down again to dodge a punch. I hand a hit on his stomach and he skids back before stopping and running at me again. He grabs me waist and tries to push me on to my back, but I kick him off, making him move back slightly.

'My turn.' I think with a grin and curate towards him. I throw a punch and he blocks it, but I counter with another punch. He ducks and tries to uppercut me, but I swing a kick at him first. He catches my kick by the ankle and tries to throw me over his shoulder, but as soon as I get to eye-level, I lock my legs around his head and trap in a chokehold. He throws me down and I gasp as I make a hard contact with the ground. I don't waste a second, though, and push him off me and over my head. I get up from the ground and so does he. He grins and dashes towards me again. He throws a right hook, but I catch it. I grab ahold of his arm and throw him over my shoulder.

I felt a moment of déjà vu from the first day of school. 'This fight was just what I needed.'
I thought and I smile. 'No matter if I'm a hero or villain, combat is still the same.' I turn and slam Katsuki's body to the ground. He coughs as lands and lays to catch his breath. I quickly pin his arms and legs down.

"I win." I breathily say with a smirk.

The class applauds and so does Midnight. "That was wonderful!" She exclaims. I get up off of Katsuki and double over at the pain throbbing in my rib.

"You alright?" Katsuki asks as he gets up.

"Go see Recovery Girl." Midnight says. "Katsuki, you take her. Get yourself checked out, too."

He nods and wraps his arms around my shoulder. I gasp in surprise when he lifts me off the ground and carries me bridal style. I blush and I can hear Ochako squeal as we walk towards the nurse's office.

"Does it hurt?" Katsuki asks.

"No, I'm perfectly fine." I sarcastically reply.

"Tch." He mutters. "Whatever, magnet-face." I laugh softly in response.

We enter Recovery Girl's office and she instructs Katsuki to lay me down on the bed.

As Recovery Girl kisses me better, I felt so at peace and calm. Today is going so well that it's almost hard to believe that the League of villains is going to come storm after me.
'If only my life could always be like this.'