Chapter Five: The Disappointment

The next few days carry out in pretty much the same way. 4:00 pm arrival time, get Taron ready for the Saturday Night scene, wait just off set for him to do touch-ups as they are filming, un-do everything that was done after filming, then roll out of there around 2:00 am every morning. You have practically become an expert at fitting him with the wig, applying his make-up and getting the tooth gap perfect every time; and then taking it all of again. And, Taron has been clean shaven for you every single day. You are thankful you can sleep in each morning as you would definitely be a zombie if you had to rise any earlier than noon, but you know it will be hard to get back on a normal sleep schedule when this particular phase of filming is done. Which is hopefully soon.

You and Taron have had several interesting chats since you began working on him. What else is there to do while sitting in a make-up chair for two hours a day? Plus, Taron likes to talk, a lot. So most of what you've discussed has been about him. Not that he hasn't asked things about you. You are more of a reserved person until you really get to know someone, so you keep your answers short and brief. You've told him how you happened upon the job, how you are staying at a nearby B&B, and how much you miss L.A.  However, you've learned ALL about Taron's family; his mom, little sisters and step-dad. You've learned more than you ever needed to know about his past movies and swore once again you'd watch them when you had time. You also know that he has a new movie premiering soon, Robin Hood, in which he has told you all about the process of becoming a skilled archer. He told you about growing up in Wales and the impossibly hard to pronounce town he comes from. He had even pronounced it for you five times, but to you it just sounded like a bizarre sneeze or cough, or combination of both. He explained about meeting Elton and spending time with him before filming began; and all the time he'd spent in the recording studio recording all the songs for the movie and the countless hours he'd spent getting them just right. You had enjoyed your little chats with Taron, even looked forward to them each day, and wondered what crazy things he would tell you about.

Now, here you are on day four, and hopefully the last day of filming the carnival scene, when you get a call from Lisa just before heading out to the studio for the day.

"Lisa! Hi, I'm just on my way out, what's up?" You say grabbing your purse and coffee-to-go and balancing the phone on your ear.

"Hey girl! Just wanted to check in! Sorry, I forgot about the time difference and just assumed you be rolling out of bed!" Lisa says with that bubbly voice that always makes you smile.

"Well, actually, I'd still be sleeping probably! You are eight hours behind me sweetie, and I've been working late", you say with a smile. "And speaking of, what are you doing up so early?" You wonder as you calculate the time difference in your head.

"Well...." she draws out the word. I got a new job and I'm out the door myself!" You can hear her beaming over the phone.

"Oh, Lisa! Really?!? What is it?" You say as you fumble with the key in the old lock of the B&B door.

"I'm a receptionist at a fashion mag! I can't tell you which one yet, it's not officially official, but I start today and I cannot wait!"

"Oh Lisa, I'm so happy for you! Crap, my taxi is here", you say finally getting the door locked behind you and seeing the vehicle parked in the drive.

"Ok, well I have to go too, but I have something even bigger to tell you, but I want it to be a surprise when you come back home in a few weeks. When ARE you coming back by the way?" she asks. You remember briefly you had mentioned to her a few weeks back that you would be coming home soon for some scenes they were filming in L.A.

This is a good question you think. Taron had mentioned going to L.A. to film that first day you met him, and the lady at HR had mentioned it as well when you were signing liability paperwork, but you haven't heard anything about it since. It should be soon right? You've actually been really looking forward to going home, if even for a few weeks. Your mom has been asking since you got the job and you just keep telling her she'll know when you know. There's been no good time to ask about it, but now that you think about it, you really should find out. There are arrangements to be made and you'll need to let Julia know.