Chapter Sixteen: Just Be Normal

You wake the next morning to soft bluish yellow light coming through the small window in the trailer bedroom. You stretch your arms and legs and opening your eyes, are disappointed to find you are alone in the bed. It must be early, where could Taron be? You sit up and rub your eyes and you are immediately hit with the realization of yesterday's events. Your so-called best friend is marrying your ex and there's not a damn thing you can do about it, not that you want him back by any means. You did finally manage to get over him after many many months thank God, but it's the principle of it. Lisa had a front row seat of your depression and misery as you dealt with the pain he caused you, and you can't even begin to imagine how she thinks you would just be "ok" with this.

Knowing you can't stay here forever, you climb out of the bed, slip into your shoes, then shuffle out to the the small bathroom. After using the facilities, you splash cold water on your face and dry off with a hand towel. You are surprised to find a small shower in here and consider jumping in, but seeing how there is no bath products or towels for that matter, you decide just your face is fine for now. Stepping out of the bathroom, you see your discarded phone still lying on the sofa where you dropped it yesterday. Cringing, you pick it up and turn it on to see that you have thirteen missed calls and twenty one texts, but only eighteen of them are from Lisa. You don't even open hers, but are mildly interested to see that you have two from your mom and one from Colin. Lord, what the hell does he want? Sliding it open, you read:

Colin: Hey stranger! I'm at the studio today. Meet up later for dinner maybe? X

You are trying to figure out how to respond when Taron comes through the door with two to-go coffees and a small bag.

"Oh, hi! You're up. I brought you some coffee and a honey bran muffin"(your favorite), he says smiling sweetly at you.

"Thank you, but I'm really not very hungry", you say apologetically and stand shoving the phone into your pocket.

"That's ok, you can have it when you're ready", he offers then pauses. "You can stay here for the day if you want, or I can drive you home, whatever you need. And I'm going to tell Olivia you need the day off, I'll just say you're not feeling well", he says.

"No, I need to work. I'm ok. I just need to get my things, go home and get cleaned up, then I'll be back", you insist as you cross over to him.

"Ok. If you're sure. Let me just grab my keys..."

"No Taron. I mean, no thank you. I'll just take the train." You can see that he's about to argue with you so you place your hand against his chest stopping him. "It's ok Taron. I just need some time to myself for a bit, ok?" You ask looking up at him. You flinch slightly at the wounded look that flashes across his eyes.

"Ok", he says quietly, then hands you the coffee and pastry bag which you take graciously. "Can I at least walk you to get your things?" He looks so sincere that you can't help but accept his offer.

"Of course", you say forcing a smile. The two of you walk together in silence to the make-up trailer in the brightening day. The trailer is empty when you enter, and it doesn't take long for you to grab your bag where you left it yesterday. You are about to thank Taron for everything he's done when Colin comes flying through the door. You both turn, looking slightly annoyed to see him there. Well, you can tell that Taron is highly annoyed and you really don't want to deal with this right now.

"There you are!" Colin exclaims a little too enthusiastically. "Did you get my text?" You see Taron's head turn quickly in your direction.

"Hey Colin, yes I did. Just haven't had a chance to respond yet", you say.

"Oh no worries. So how about it? Dinner tonight when you're done?" He asks then looks quickly over at Taron as if he's just now noticing him in the room. Your eyes slide over to Taron's, silently begging him for help. As if reading your mind, Taron chimes in.