Chapter Twenty Five: The Promise

After another relatively silent car ride to the studio, you and Taron walk solemnly to the make-up trailer to get started for the day. Luckily, no one is there yet when you arrive and you are able to gather your supplies and tools in peace. Taron had suggested that you get him ready in his trailer today to avoid any uncomfortable situations, and you had agreed whole-heartedly. After getting pretty much everything you will need, he walks you to his trailer, then leaves you to go and find Lizzie. You begin to set your things up, noticing with a frown that Olivia's things are still strewn about on the small table that is there for his hair and make-up. After a little while, Taron returns with a somewhat brighter expression than when he left.

"Well? How'd it go?" You ask nervously.

"Pretty well actually. I told her that the chemistry just wasn't right between Olivia and me and that I was requesting to have you back. She mentioned that we'll be starting to use prosthetics soon so things are going to be changing up anyway. It was very professional actually", he says with a smile.

"That's good. I think. And where is she...re-distributing her to?" You ask thinking of Richard.

"I didn't really ask but I think she's going back with the extras. Richard has a few more scenes left but he's almost done for the most part, so I don't think she'll be going back with him", he explains.

"Oh, well that's a relief. But sad that Rich won't be around as much", you say, genuinely sorry that you won't be seeing much of him anymore.

"Yeah, he'll still be around some. Don't worry", he says, winking at you and you can't help but smile.

"Well, I guess we better get you ready", you say, smiling at hearing yourself say those words to him again. "I hope I remember how!" You joke.

"I have every confidence that you will", he says placing his finger against the tip of your nose. You pretend to bite at his hand and he pulls it away quickly, his eyes sparkling. He plants a quick kiss on your cheek before sitting down and letting you do your thing.

An hour later when Taron is all done, you stretch and yawn as he gets up from the chair.

"You must be exhausted", he says eyeing you carefully. "I'm sorry I woke you last night", he says, stroking your arm with his thumb, the sensation giving you chills.

"Well technically the storm woke me, but maybe there was a part of me that knew you were out there", you say smiling up at him.

"Hmm, maybe. Maybe you've got some Taron telepathy going on", he says winking at you again.

"Not sure that would be a good thing", you tease.

"Yeah, you're probably right", he says, grabbing his glasses and heading for the door. "Hey, why don't you just stay here and try and take a nap?" He offers.

"That does sound nice, but what if you need touch-ups?" You definitely don't want to give Olivia the opportunity to swoop in.

"I think it's a pretty short scene this morning so I probably won't. But if I do, I'll make sure Lizzie does it. I promise", he says, taking a step toward you.

"Ok, I'll stay here then", you agree reluctantly. "Please promise you'll text me if you need me."

"Baby, I always need you", he whispers and leans in close.

"Good", you whisper back. You then see something ignite in his eyes as they dart down to your lips, and conflict passes over his face. He growls slightly, then turns on his heel to leave the room. You smile to yourself, then go into his tiny bedroom to flop down on the bed. It's not the most comfortable mattress you've ever laid on, but right now it feels like heaven. You roll over onto your side and have just closed your eyes when your phone buzzes in your back pocket. "Arrgggh", you say to the empty room. Pulling it out of your pocket, your heart stops when you see that it's Lisa calling you. Shit. You're not sure what causes you to do it, but you slide it open to receive the call. "Hi Lisa", you say gravely.