Part 6: A Satisfying Kill

Blood. The rich pungent smell was heavy in the air. The deer had been a clean kill. The taste of it was still in his mouth. Remnants of fur and meat were still in the beasts teeth. But he wasn't satisfied. It wanted more.

The air was warm, the grass and soil below were cool and refreshing against his paws. His menacing 5" inch claws dug in easily, allowing for monstrous leaps through the heavy brush. With full, long strides he ran. The wind whipping around him, his paws pounding the ground in a rhythmic beat. Crossing the highway and darting towards the small town ahead, he slipped into the shadows.

The Honeypot Bar. Drinks were flowing, music blaring. The place was always hopping on half price drink night. Last call was less than an hour away and 90% of the people inside were well past tipsy.

Two highly inebriated patrons came stumbling out the front door. A man in his mid 20's, he clung to a short yet leggy redhead dressed in the shortest of denim shorts. Her butt cheeks hanging out the bottom, jiggling with every step making her male friend smile as he took in the view from behind.

She giggled putting her arms around his neck. "Mmm I can't wait to get you home."

"Let's go to your place Rachel. I don't wanna wash the sheets before my girl gets home in the morning. You know she's already suspicious." He replied using both hands to grip her ass firmly.

"Fuck Sandy. Plus, your girlfriend will never know if you fuck me on her brand new kitchen table." Rachel nibbled his earlobe with a sinister laugh.

The man groaned as her hand fondled his cock through his jeans. "You want me to fuck you on the table? Haha you are a filthy whore." He slapped her ass and lead her to her car taking slow steps as they swapped wet sloppy kisses.

"I'll show you just how filthy I can be." Rachel joked turning around and fumbling for her keys in her purse.

"Yeah? Why don't you show me now?" He chuckled still staring at her back side as she swisher her hips across the parking lot to her car.

"Patience Chuck. Good things comes to those who wait."

"You know patience was never my strong suit." He said pinning her against the driver side door, his hands sliding under her shirt.

She laughed from his fingers tickling her skin. His erection stabbed into her lower abdomen. He smelled of Tequila, sweat and cheap cologne, a concoction of aroma's that made Rachel want to cancel the whole evening. But the lust building up inside her didn't care what he smelled like.

The beast watched from the rooftop silently, beginning to slowly pace. His teeth aching waiting for his moment to strike. He prepared to leap forward on to the both of them, but the oncoming headlights gave him pause.

Chuck's eyes widened as he spotted the blue pickup truck pulling into the bar. At the speed of light he ducked down and hid behind the car. Rachel stood there confused until she turned around to see Chuck's girlfriend pulling up.

"Oh shit it's Sandy." Rachel whispered still standing by her car.

In one swift motion the beast leaped off the rooftop going over two cars and snatched Chuck by his face, palming his head like a basketball, and ran fast into the darkness. His claws deep in his forehead and neck. Chuck tried to screamed but his voice was choked by the sheer force and large claw in his throat. The beast continued its stride into the nearby field. Like a thief in the night he was gone.

A swift gust of wind that sounded eerily like a growl whooshed past Rachel. She spun around to see what the hell Chuck was doing. But he was nowhere to be found. He had just disappeared. If she had to guess he was hiding behind one of the other cars. Which was for the best since the last thing Rachel wanted was to end up in another fist fight with another disgruntled girlfriend.

Sandy hopped out of her car slamming the door behind her. The caramel complected Hispanic woman immediately walked up to Rachel, her hands on her hips, looking like she was ready for a brawl. Her wore black yoga pants and a white tank top, her thick shoulder length hair pulled back into a ponytail, a style she never wore. That beautiful hair of hers was always down and blowing freely in the breeze. Yeah, she was ready for a fight.

"Hey slut where the hell is Chuck?"

Rachel smiled sweetly as if she hadn't just been insulted. "Hey Sandy."

"Bitch I said, where's Chuck. I called Ashley and she said she saw you two at the Honey Pot all over each other. "

Rachel's heart raced, "No Ashley' s a fucking lie. As you can see I am all alone and on my way home."

Sandy scoffed rolling her eyes not believing a word of it, "Bullshit, Ashley wouldn't lie to me."

"Well tonight she is mistaken."

"Don't fucking lie to me. Cause I'm looking for a reason to bash in your skanky ass skull."

"I'm telling you the honest to god truth Sandy. I haven't seen Chuck. I have a boyfriend I don't have time for yours."

"What boyfriend? Whores don't have boyfriends." Sandy spat keeping her eye on the cars around them, she wouldn't put it past Chuck to be hiding from her.

"Caleb Talley, if you must know."

Sandy instantly started laughing. "Caleb Talley, so you're stealing your best friends crushes too."

"What the fuck are you talking about?" Rachel asked.

"As if Caleb wants a slut when he's been staring at Simona's tits since the 9th grade."

It was that comment that pissed her off. She knew she was wrong but just the thought of Caleb having eyes for someone else pissed her off. "Is there anything else I can do for you Sandy."

"Yeah. Whenever you see Chuck tell him it's over. He can drop his shit off at your house for all I care."

"Whatever."

Rachel rolled her eyes one final time and got in her car. She had heard this speech before from several different women and she wasn't in the mood for it tonight. Without waiting another second she peeled out of the parking lot and headed home, without Chuck.

* * *

The beast slit his throat in the tall dry grass, split his belly down the middle, pried his ribs open and devoured his heart, liver and lungs. Chuck hadn't had a chance. He was dead before he even made it to the woods. Blood pooled around the body on the ground below, blood covered the beast, there was blood everywhere. But he wanted to make this kill sloppy. Just for the fun of it.

Poor Chuck Hillman. His last act as a man was of him hiding behind a car from his girlfriend so she wouldn't know he was still sleeping with Rachel Winston.

Chuck was a piece of shit and he died a piece of shit. The beast finished off his major organs, his claws and fur covered in hunks of flesh, saturated in blood and warm sticky guts.

The ecstasy of the kill made his spine tingled from the top of his shoulder blades to the tip of his tale, like a dog he shook from side to side, flinging pieces of Chuck in every direction. He shivered with pleasure, satisfied with his stealthy kill.

There was no better feeling in the world at that very moment. The moon above called to him as he indulged in his feral urges, he stood on his hind legs and roared back. A loud earth shaking roar.

He left the mangled body in the brush, discarding Chuck like a piece of trash.