Strike

"Momma!" His hands gripped hers tightly as a tear fell from his eyes.

Slowly Marian's eyes blinked as her heart beat quicken then dramatically slowed. With a small smile she stared at Charlie, "It's okay. I did what I promised I would do...I protected you with my last breath."

"You did." He cried holding her limp body across his, laying on the hard wood floor. "Momma...please." He begged her to live, his heart breaking watching her so helpless and wounded.

Quickly Simona knelt down next to them sobbing, her hand on her shoulder. "Miss Marian, I'm gonna get you some help. Just stay with us. Okay."

Bandaging his hand Caleb looked away trying not to cry

Bandaging his hand Caleb looked away trying not to cry. This was a woman they had all known their entire lives. Someone they all cared for very deeply. She deserved better, Marian could not die like this.

"I'm going to scout the upstairs, I'll be right back." Caleb said kissing Simona, he turned to Marian giving her arm a gentle squeeze, "We're going to get you out of here."

"Wait, take this." Charlie handed him the rifle he had taken off of the Kota upstairs and a worried look before looking away.

Charlie stayed with her as Caleb stayed low and ran across the hall, a single bullet flew passed him as he took cover behind a wall. That sniper was watching and waiting for him to stick his head out. "Shit."

Slowly he slid his back down the wall and crawled on his knees, rolling passed the open Sitting Room door, he hurried by. As fast as his legs would go, he ran up the stairs. Mika and Blue stood in the hallway, away from all the windows and doors.

They waved him over, "Psst, outside there's two on the left and two on the right." Blue whispered to Caleb. "We can get them by surprise if we can attack now. A Sniper is guarding them while they plan their next move."

Mika nodded, "We have to act now."

"What do we do about the sniper?" Caleb asked.

With a nervous sigh Mika replied, "I don't know where they are. There could be more than one. We need to take the fight to the woods, where they can't see us."

"Agreed." Caleb walked to the bedroom carefully staying out of plain view of the broken window. "I'll take the two on this side. You two grab the guys on the other side. Kill em' quick or take them to the forest."