A Deal With The Devil

A smelly black burlap bag had been placed over Stan's head as he was led out of the temple. Small streams of light cut through the dingy fabric as they exited to the outside.

He could hear voices of children and youngsters whispering about him as he passed. It was hard to get a full understanding of just how many people were down there. But by his count between there were at least 20. There were 15 adults at least.

In silence Stan sat in the front seat of a car as Charlie and one other man drove him to an unknown location. 20 minutes passed before the car came to a stop.

Charlie uttered one word, "Blue."

The man sitting behind him got out of the vehicle and opened Stan's door

The man sitting behind him got out of the vehicle and opened Stan's door. He heard the snap of a pocket knife being opened and felt his tied hands being set free. The man grabbed Stan by the shirt and pulled him out the car, letting him fall to the gravel road.

He hit hard, feeling every stone from the road connect with his face. Flailing about, Stan snatched the hood from his head. A tall Asian man stood over him shooting him an evil glare. Blue looked him up and down and got in the car, his body language screamed that he wanted to fight.

Charlie waved from the back window as the car sped off, his open hand quickly turning to a middle finger. Stan pulled the loose twine from his ankles and stood to his feet, dusting the dirt and gravel from his battered uniform pants.

He found himself on a familiar country road. The road leading to the Cade residence. "Was it to much to drop me off at The Four Seasons asshole!" Stan yelled, though the car was long gone.

Limping every bit of the way Stan walked. The sun bearing down on his head, but the cool breeze felt good against his skin. The scent of his people hung in the air, they were somewhere near. Had Freddie brought them here? To a humans house? During all this drama?

A car crunching gravel slowly approached. It was a beat up old Jeep with three men inside. The kind of men you didn't want walking behind you in a dark alley way.

The car drove along side him for a full minute, watching him, sizing him up before they spoke, "Officer, you need a ride?"

Stan didn't look directly at them, "Deputy."

The man gave him a harsh half smile, and replied in menacing tone "You in need of assistance, Deputy?"