Breaking

Though Dr. Rhodes was an old man, you'd never know it by the way he ran like a bat out of hell into his clinic. Broken glass was scattered across the tile floors. The men had broken in instead of waiting for him to arrive.

The sound of screaming men could be heard echoing down the halls. Panicked men and others grunting in agony.

"Blue, just breathe. Fuck, Blue!" Charlie yelled ripping his friends shirt open and inspecting the hole in his chest.

Bright red veins pulsed around a horrible black rash, that started at the bullets point of entry. The smell of burning flesh filled the room. The black mass bubbled burned but it had stopped spreading, but it covered half of his chest and right arm. The flesh wound he had on his left side was nothing more than a scratch, but the blood pooling out of his chest made them all say a prayer.

Mica on the other hand was lucky the silver bullet that had struck his chest had hit his rib and ricocheted

Mica on the other hand was lucky the silver bullet that had struck his chest had hit his rib and ricocheted. Half the bullet had exited out of a separate hole in his left side. It too burned and red veins covered the black dots sprouting around the hole and was eating through his skin.  Blue's bullet wound was deeper and the silver had fully dissolved into his muscle.

They had him lain down on a gurney,  Caleb held down Blue's legs who was jerking and fighting uncontrollably. His  were muscles contracting from the poison in his veins. Ever nerve was on fire, Blue had never felt such physical pain in his life.

"Why does it look like that?" Caleb asked covering his mouth.

Mika replied through a clenched jaw, "The silver, it highly toxic to our kind. Our bodies instantly try to fight it, our blood breaks the metal down almost instantly and it spreads like a virus...killing us."

"Shhi..shit." he stuttered fear sending  chills down his spine.

The doctor ran inside, he immediately rushed to Blue, "What the hell happened- " he saw the chemical burn and instantly knew

The doctor ran inside, he immediately rushed to Blue, "What the hell happened- " he saw the chemical burn and instantly knew. He turned to Caleb, "Down the hall, second door. Cabinet on the far side, Penicillin. Third shelf, white vile -Calcium Disodium Versenate and Crotalidae Antivenom."

Shaking his head Caleb took off down the hall, repeating the long ridiculous names of the medicines praying he wouldn't forget them. He found the medicine supply room. It was of course locked, there was no time to go back for a key so he ripped the doorknob clean off and swung the door open.