7

Woah! Hey before you read ty guys for 100 views! (●'ω●) there's so many of y'all and this book hasn't even been out for that long! Tysm!

It was the end of the day, hugging your friends you smile at them. "Well, I'll see you later!" You wave your arms and smile. They wave back and you start to walk away.

You notice Neil standing there, was he waiting for you?

You started to walk over to him. "Y/n—"

You walk past him, you were frustrated with him. How could he? You couldn't believe that he ease-dropped on you. "Y/n please! I promise I didn't hear anything." He pleaded.

Neil appreciated Y/n's friendship, and didn't want to lose it. Y/n was the only one who was genuinely nice to him. He couldn't lose it. Max wasn't nice, he was just sarcastic. Nikki was nice but it wasn't genuine.

You turn. "It doesn't matter if you heard me or not, you ease-dropped on me! And that's what matters to me." You glare. "I promise I'll never ease-drop again, I'm so so so sorry Y/n." He pleaded.

"Promise?" You asked, turning around. "Y..Yes" He mumbled. You paused. You then sighed. "Did you hear what I said though? Or did you just say that?" You asked. "I really didn't hear what you said."

Neil did in fact hear what she said, but didn't want to seem like a liar so kept up the "I didn't hear you" lie.

"Well um... Anything interesting happened today?" You asked, as the two of you started walking. "Hm.. Nothing much, Max got detention... The usual." He shrugs. "You?" He asked. "Actually yeah, I saw someone I've known for years now." You smile.

"Oh? Who?" He asked. He hadn't over heard you guys saying the part that you two knew each other.

"Meredith— Or, as you guys know her, Ered." You smile. "You know her? How?" Neil asked shocked.

As the two of you continued walking, you grinned. "Well my mom worked for the government for a while, before quitting the job to become a stay at home mom. She continued being friends with her ex-coworkers which included Ered's dad's."

"Since we were kids we had play dates on the weekend and just had fun, I'm surprise we remember each other to be honest. It's been a while." You laugh. "How old were you?" He asked.

"Well I was four, she was either six or seven. The age difference wasn't the largest, so we still got along." You smile. "Oh, that's nice!" He smiled. You were about to make it to your house when Neil muttered something under his breathe. "Sorry, what was that?" You asked.

"Wanna go get ice cream? To make it up to you?" He asked, blushing slightly. You smiled. "I'd love to but..." As the word but left your mouth, Neil felt a string of disappointment. "I'm busy today. Sorry Neil. Maybe another time?" You ask. He nods his head.

...

You decided to go to school earlier, you were sitting on a tree near by and saw Max pass by you. "Morning, Anderson." You didn't like him, but still wanted to be nice.

"Huh—? Oh, it's just you. L/n." He rolls his eyes. "I have a question." You ask.

"What is it?"

You didn't actually know what you were going to ask him, part of you just wanted to talk to him. "Um— Did you happen to hear what Ered and I were talking about?" You ask. He shrugs and rolls his eyes. "Yeah." He states. "Did Neil?" You whisper.

"Huh? Yeah, probably. He was next to me." He states. "Why do you ask?" He asked. You felt a string tug at your heart, did Neil lie to you? You told him many times you hated when people lie... Would he really do that to you.

"Hello?? It's rude to ignore someone." Max glares. "O-Oh! Sorry... Um, just curious..." You felt sad, did he? Did he actually lie?

"Well I'll be on my way now, I'll see you another time slut." He states. "I'm not a slut...?" You mumble. "Well you dress and act like one."

You didn't get the dress part, the most revealing thing you ever worn was a crop top. And that was because it was sunny outside.

"What? No I don't." You stopped being as polite, you crossed your arms. "Maybe you should stop being such an asshole sometimes." You glare. "Me? An asshole? At least I don't lead every one I talk to on." He glared. "What are you talking about?! I don't lead people on! I'm just nice!" You raise your voice.

A slight smirk appears on his face, he loved when you were mad. It gave him a weird feeling.

"You lead everyone on, especially girls... Weirdly. Are you gay?" He raised an eyebrow. For some reason he actually was quite curious about this, and wanted to know the answer.

"What? No! I'm (sexuality). Not lesbian." You state. "You act lesbian, flirting with all the girls." He rolls his eyes. "I'm just trying to make friends! I don't want to date anyone— Ughh! You're so annoying!" You groan. "Have a good day at school Anderson." You glare, walking away.

Max smirked with satisfaction, he knew that you weren't someone that got mad easily. You seemed like the type of person to use words, instead of fighting.

You bumped into Ered. "Huh— Meredith? Why are you here so early?" The tall female turned around. "How dare you call me— Oh! Hey Y/n. I always come here early." She grins.

"Oh nice!" You smile. "I forgot to ask but..." She grinned. "How's thing with Laurence? Has he been treating you right?"

You froze.

After your mother passed away and your father fell into depression, you started to lose hope. But you fell in love, or what you thought was love, with a boy named Laurence. He was a douche and emotionally abused you when people weren't looking. He eventually cheated on you and that's when you broke it off.

You started to tear up, you didn't miss him, but the sound of his name scared you. You didn't want to be played with anymore. Laurence always lied to you. "I'm having a guys night out." "sorry babe i'm sick" and "I promise it's not what it looks like!"

"Oh god, don't tell me he broke up with you—" Ered and you stopped hanging out when middle school hit, and only started dating him a couple months before that. "W-Worse." Yo sniffed.

Max was coming up behind you, he also had to go to school if you couldn't remember. So he slowly started to over hear things, he only heard "oh god, don't tell me he broke up with you." and what you said. He stopped moving and listened in.

"Worse? What did that bastard do to you?" Ered growled. "He.. He.." You sniffed, and looked on the ground. "He emotionally abused me, and cheated on me. I-I was the one to break up with him... He begged me to stay but I couldn't take his lies anymore! I hate people who lie!" You yelled through tears.

You quickly wiped your eyes before anything spilled out of them.

"I'm sorry for yelling..." You mutter. She smiled gently at you. "It's fine, you really don't deserve all of that. You're a sweet girl Y/n." She smiles. "T-Thank you." You smile, blushing slightly. You didn't get compliments a lot, or, actual genuine compliments.

Ered's compliments were genuine, unlike most of the other people who complement you.