15

You woke up extra early today, 4am. You hadn't seen your dad is so long that you missed him.

You quickly got ready and walked down your stairs to see your father walking out the door. "Dad wait!" You yell. He turns around. He sighs and gives you a sad smile. "Y/n sweetie I have to go-" He gets cut off "I want a hug before you go, dad..." You mumble running over to him and giving him a big hug. He sighs, sadly smiling he hugs back. "Now I have to go."

...

You made your way over to the school, but you really didn't want to go to class. You had A's in most of your classes... It would be alright if you skipped them for today, right?

You wandered the halls, class was starting soon so you went over to talk to Neil. "Morning!" You smile.

For some reason you didn't get butterflies, he felt like an older brother to you.

"O-Oh! U-Um... H-Hi Y/n.." He blushed. "Is something wrong?" You asked. "Oh it's nothing- Actually um... Uh-" He paused. "Max said the stupidest thing yesterday- he said you liked me." He laughed awkwardly. "He did?"

You mentally punched Max

"God he's so dumb... Neil, I... I don't like you." You state. Which broke his heart, but what did he expect. "You're like a brother to me!" You smile wrapping him in a hug, you were in a hugging mood.

He blushed and hugged back.

...

Finally, your last period. You still didn't get caught. You had actually gotten lunch at a hot dog stand near by, not going to class was pretty fun!

For plot reasons, no one had a free period for the last.. Period. So it was just you, walking along the halls since Camp High didn't have hall monitors.

You were reading a book in library. You had a small one in the school, no one was usually in it.

It was your one of your favourite books, [favourite book/book series]. You flipped through the pages when someone walked into the library.

"Surprised she didn't catch m-" The voice stopped talking causing you to look up.

"Max?" You asked confused. The light in the library was on but he quickly turned it off with a smirk on his face, "Max turn the lights on please- I can't see!" You state.

Suddenly the lights came back on, and your book was gone. "Give it back, Max." You state, standing up and walking over to him.

"I don't have it." He smirks. "Oh my god- Yes, you do! Don't even try to lie!" You glare. "I swear L/n, I don't have it." He says and dimes the lights "So we don't get caught." He mumbled.

You could literally kill him. You cared.. So much... You just wanted him to be honest. You actually care about him lying to you. You just hated him but also loved him.

"You're just a stupid, lying little bug!" You yelled.

"That's not-"

"Max for fucks sake- I thought we were cool?! You walked me home, apologized, then you continue to lie?!"

"I thought you were smart enough to know yesterday was just me joking around. God you're an idiot."

"You're such a fucking jerk! I hate how you lie- I hate you!"

Suddenly Max pushed you against the wall. You looked at him. There was almost no space between the two of you. You felt his breath against your nose, after all he is taller than you. You were nervous and tried to not get red.

"Say it again."

Shivers run down your spine, your heart was racing and you felt your cheeks heat up.

"W-What?"

"Say it... Again."

You pause

"I hate you."

Max immediately pressed his lips against yours, you were in shock but nothing could describe how much you loved his lips against yours. You didn't know until now how much you liked Max.

Even though he did nothing but lie to you, you still closed your eyes and kissed him back. You knew damn well he'd use this against you but you couldn't help yourself. You just didn't care right now.

Max pulled back from the lack of air. Your noses still touching each other, both of your faces beet red, foreheads touching...

He moved his hand inside his hoodie pocket and grabbed something out of it, he dropped your book on the ground and walked away, leaving you in complete shock.

Your heart was both happy, and sad. You didn't know what that kiss meant, did he like you? Did he not? Honestly, right now you didn't care. You were just a mess, a blushing mess.