11

Thanks for 450 views!

"Well- Remember when I told you guys that I liked Neil?" You asked. They nodded their heads.

"Welllll, basically." You took in a deep breathe.

"Max overheard and told me he knew and said he would use it as blackmail but didn't end up giving me a task so he's probably telling Neil!" You gasp.

"What?" Harrison and Nerris ask at the same time. "Waaait, you mean to tell me that Max over heard you, told you he did and said he would black mail you but didn't end up giving you something to do for blackmail so he's probably telling Neil??" Asked Preston. "Yes!" You cried.

"How did you even understand that-" Harrison muttered. Preston shrugged. "Practice." He states.

"Oh goodness- I hope he isn't telling him." Mumbled Nerris.

...

You were paranoid all day long, but the bell finally rung. You walked out of class and saw Max walking down the halls. You ran over to him and grabbed his wrist.

"What the hell-"

"Y/n? What the hell do you want?" Asked Max. "Did you-" You huff. "Did you tell Neil?" You whisper. "Tell Neil what- oh wait... About you liking h-" "SHHH!" You glare.

He rolled his eyes. "No, I didn't." He stated, glaring back. "But you better let go of my wrist before I do." You let go immediately. "Why did you even think I told him?" He asked. "I just- Harrison saw you yelling at Neil and apparently you were saying my name- I just... I got scared." You mumble.

Max paused, you looked to the ground and avoided eye contact. "Maybe I did tell him, maybe I didn't." "Wait- did you?? Oh my god- please tell me you didn't." You mumble.

"I'm not saying."

"But you said you didn't awhile a go- were you lying?"

"I won't say."

You felt blood boil up, you were anxious and angry. What if he did? What if he lied to you and said he didn't? What if he didn't and is trying to mess with you?

You push him.

"You're such a jerk."

You mutter before rushing past him and outside.

It was a sunny day, it was overwhelming hot outside and quite impossible to deal with. You started walking when you heard "Y/n, wait up!" You stop and turn around.

Neil had awkwardly smiled to you and walked up beside you. "Sorry about that, I was just talking to Nikki." He smiled.

"It's fine... but um- did Max uh... Tell you anything?" You asked. "What? No?"

Okay, so he was just trying to mess with me.
I hate that he did that but at least he didn't actually tell him

"Oh- alright." You smile. "Did something happen?" "No." "I'm not stupid, Y/n. What happened?" You sigh. "It's really nothing..." You mumble.

He sighed, realizing you wouldn't say anything. "Fine."

The rest of the walk was in silence, you gave him a small goodbye when you reached your house

...

Shaking your head, it was almost the end of the year. "I'm just worried..." "Why?" You asked Nerris. "Worried for next year! What if someone like space kid- or sorry, Neil comes into our school. He's so annoying- and he'll bug us all the time!" Groaned Nerris.

"So you're worried you'll... Get annoyed?" You asked, trying not to let out a giggle. "Oh you know what I mean." She rolled her eyes.

"Anyways, Nerris... You really need to drop some hints with Harrison."

She pushed you to the side. "You know I can't! We only just started getting along this year... I bet he still hates me." She mumbled.

You two were sitting on a bench by your favourite park.

"He doesn't hate you! I can tell by the way he looks at you. He looks at you with passion, and genuine happiness in his eyes." You state.

"Has anyone ever looked at you like that?" Nerris asked.

You paused. "I... I don't know." you mumble. "I don't think so. I mean, why would anyone look at me like that? I'm not special, there's so many more pretty and interesting girls at our school..." You mumble, staring at the ground.

"Did you seriously just say that? Y/n! You're like super nice and interesting! And plus you're like really pretty! No honestly please give me your beauty. Is it natural or do you wear makeup?" She whispers the last part. "Huh? I don't even know how to apply like- lipstick good. I don't wear makeup." You laughed awkwardly.

"Seriously? God, you're blessed with amazing genes. Though you skipped the height one." You both laughed. Nerris was shorter than you when you first met her, but she grew taller than you.

"Shut it." You giggle.

"So... You and Neil? I'm not just asking that, I'm really wondering. What's happening? Anything special?" She asked.

"Depends, can I rant for a moment?" You asked politely. "Of course!" She smiled.

You took in a deep breathe.

"Nothing really special happened, we got into a mini argument awhile ago but it was nothing much. He's still that nice, caring loving guy though. He reminds me of a older brother or something, ya know?"

Nerris kind of just looked at you.

"Are you saying you would-... Like your brother?" She asked, giving you a weird look.

You froze.

Of course not! But he seemed so much like a brother to you. But you wanted to be with him! You imagined cuddling with him... Going out for ice cream. You did like him, right? Or did you just like the IDEA of being with him?

"W-Well no! That's gross!" You state. "Then what do you mean, he reminds you of a older brother? Do you really like him like.. As a crush?" She asked. You looked at the ground. "I... I don't even know anymore." You mumbled.

"I think we talked about boys enough. You seem to be stressing yourself. Don't try to rush the answer about how you feel about Neil out of yourself, feelings and emotions take time. I'm gonna head out. Take care, Y/n." She smiled.

"Cya."