12

Thanks for 500 views ahhh

Walking to school you were soaking wet, it was raining and you didn't have a umbrella. You were too lazy to go back and get one so you just quickly rushed into Camp High. You hadn't seen Neil walk, he must have not be going today.

"Y/n, you're soaked! Why aren't you wearing a sweater? You poor thing- Here." Preston hands her a yellow sweater. She smiles and nods her head, taking the sweater gratefully. "T-Thanks..." You mumble.

You quickly put on the hoodie, it messed your hair up a bit but it still looked beautiful.

"Gosh, you're so pretty, you know?" Preston comments. You blush. "I-I mean, I don't see it b-but thank you." You smile.

Preston was bisexual, but more into guys. So you took his compliment as a girl talk between a straight girl.

"I'm only being honest dear, your eyes are so sparkly today. I don't know if that's the rain or something happened." He states. You laugh quietly. "Both." You smile. "Both? What happened?"

"Last weekend I got to hang out with my dad... I don't see him a lot." You don't usually talk about this type of stuff, but it was just you and Preston. Plus, you were kind of in the moment.

"Oh, that's too bad. What about your mom?" He asked. Your smile turned into a frown. "S-She passed away a couple years ago." You mumble. "Oh my- You poor soul. I'm so sorry for asking." Preston takes your hand and gives you a sympathetic look.

"I-It's fine... I'm starting to get used to talking about it without crying." You smile sadly. "I rather not have you sad, let's move onto another topic..."

...

It was PE, your last class for the day. Sasha had come up to you and gave you a dirty look. "You really need to fix that hair of yours, get a brush. It looks like you haven't brushed it in days." She rolls her eyes.

"H-Huh? Oh... I will tonight." You mumble. "Seriously? God you think it would be easy to manipulate you..." She mumbled the last part. "Whatever, see you later loser."

Well if that wasn't random.

You brushed it off and made your way over to Ered. "Yoo! What's up my little dude." She smirks. "Pretty good actually- How about you? Why haven't you been here the last few days?" You asked.

"I was hella sick with the flu! My god it was sooo gross." She rolled her eyes. She then glanced at you. "Your hair...?"

"I know- It's messy."

"What? No it's just so- perfect. Here."

Ered quickly messes up your hair, she laughs. "H-Hey!" You try to fix it. "Sorry sorry- Here, I'll fix it."

She bends down and reaches eye level for you. She starts fixing your hair slowly, you stare at her eyes.

For some reason your eyes wandered over to her lips, you quickly looked back up to her eyes with a smile plastered on your face. "You're so cute, Meredith!" You smile.

She steps back, her face flushing red. "W-Whatever." She mumbled, rolling her eyes. "I-I'm uh... Gonna go now."

...

The bell had rung, and you walked out of school. "Are you sure you don't want my umbrella?" Asked Harrison concerning. "I'm fine." You state. "If you're sure..." He mumbled.

It was pouring rain, but you didn't mind.

You stepped one foot out and immediately regretted your decision but Harrison already left.

You sigh quiet and just take your fate, no matter how fast you went you would still be soaked. So, you gave up and just walked.

Max's parents didn't want to pick him up today, he grumbled out of school. "Out of all the days, the one that it's pouring rain?" He muttered under his breathe. He sighed and took out his umbrella.

He held it over his head and walked fast, when he noticed someone walking in front of him. The figure was smaller and they were walking a bit slower.

He then noticed the h/l h/c hair, it was Y/n!

Max walked in confusion, why didn't she have a umbrella? She was going to catch a cold!

"Y/n- Wait up." He chocked out. What was he doing?

You turn around in confusion, your eyes met Max's. "Huh? Max?" You ask. He caught up with you.

"Why the fuck don't you have an umbrella?" He asked. "Oh I- I didn't bring one..." She mumbled. Max sighed. "You know you're going to catch a cold... Here, I'll walk you to your house."

"You don't need to-" "Just let me do this before I change my mind." He states.

You take in a moment.

You look up and make eye contact. You smile at him. "Thank you, Max. " You mumble.

He stares into your eyes, he feels his cheeks getting warm. "W-Whatever... Let's just go."

The walk was silent, but not uncomfortable. It was a nice silence. You eventually made it to your house.

"We're here." You smile.

"Oh?" Max states, staring at your house. "Already?" He mumbled under his breathe. Even though he hated your guts... He was sad that the only time he really got to spend with you that wasn't arguing was over.

"Huh?" You ask turning to him. "Oh um- It's nothing." He mumbled. "Also don't think too deep into this I uh- I was just making it up to you when you called me an uber... I'll walk home now."

You watched as he walked away, you felt a smile creep onto your lips as your cheeks heat up without you realizing it.

Maybe Max did have a soft side