17

That night Max didn't go home, he went over to the park. The park was kind of... Hidden. Not many people know it exists, it's behind bushes and right before a forest. He sat on the bench and looked up and watched the stars, he would probably go home tomorrow.

"Max?" You asked, you were walking home from Grocery shopping, and thought you would stop by for a second.

You two share a look. You chuckle awkwardly. "You look excited to see me." You state as you sit down beside him, placing down your groceries. You had gotten the cold groceries yesterday so the things you had in the bag didn't need to be put in the fridge soon.

"No- it's not that... I just didn't expect to see you here, it's getting so late. What are you doing out here?" He asked.

"Groceries." You shrug. "How about you?" She asked.

"Thinking... This place is a good place to think, it's out in the bush... No ones around, it's always quiet..." He mumbled.

"Thinking? Pfft, what would The Max Anderson have to think about?" You grin.

"More than you'd think..." He said.

You don't respond, instead you look up onto the starry sky, it was beautiful. The moon was so bright, it lit you up a little. Max looked at you, he thought you look... Stunning.

Was he just lying to himself? Maybe he did actually like you, more than a "she's a good person" way... Maybe in a... Love interest way. He never felt this emotion, but it felt so strong.

You looked at him, and he gave you a small smile. You giggle. "What was that smile you just gave me?" You smile.

"Nothing... Can't a guy just be happy?" He shrugged.

"Of course you can be happy!" You smile.

He looks at you, still smiling.

"You know, you should really smile more. It looks cute on you." You smile gently.

He grinned, and blushed. This time you actually saw his blushing.

"You seem... Different, tonight." You state. "Did something happen?" You ask softly.

He shakes his head. "It's nothing." He says and looks back up at the sky.

You kept looking at him, the moon lit up his face. You felt your cheeks heat up. Okay, you liked him... Maybe even a little more.

You sigh quietly and look at the ground.

"Still thinking?" You asked. He answered with a simple "mhm..."

"I'll let you think then." You stand up. "I'll stop bothering you. See y-"

"Y/n."

He stands up, and the two of you make eye contact.

"Look I..."

He stopped taking, and looked at the ground. He sighed and looked back up at you, he walked closer to you.

"You..?"

He was now standing right in front of you, you had to look up since he was a bit taller than you.

Before you even realized it, Max had kissed you. You immediately kissed back.

Pulling back from you he stared at you.

"Just felt like something you had to do?" You asked, trying not to giggle. But a small one escaped.

He shook his head and stepped back. You were a bit confused. Max looked to the side for a second but quickly looked over to you.

"Then- Then why did you kiss me?" You asked, confused.

He didn't answer.

Why wasn't he answering?

Why did you hate this so much?

"Max, I really can't take this anymore. Please, Please be honest with me..." You try to sound confident, and loud, but it comes out as a whisper.

He sighed, looking at the ground he looked back up and into your e/c eyes.

"Wanna go out sometime?"

You looked at him with shock, you heart was beating so fast and you could feel your cheeks heating up.

"W-What?"

"Wait, are you actually asking me out?" You asked.

He nodded.

"W...Why?" You asked.

"Y/n- it's because I lied! It didn't feel like something I had to do, I did it because I felt- I feel something towards you! I've never felt like this before..." He mumbled the last part.

You smiled and blushed. He then smiled a little as well, you looked at the ground and kicked the dirt. Looking back up you gave him a soft smile.

"I'd love to go out sometime." You smiled gently.

Max was honestly shocked, you walked closer to him until you were less than a feet apart.

"Max, I kissed you back for a reason. I... I like you. I just didn't realize until now." You smile. "But what about Neil?" He asked. "I-... I realize I only see him as a close friend now... I.. I really like you, Max. I.. I might even dare to go a little further." You mumble.

Max couldn't help but smile.

"This weekend, at 3pm, I'll take you to the amusement park. Here's my number." He smiled, handing you a piece of paper. "O..Okay!"

"You should be going now, and I should too." He smiled gently. "Y..Yeah. Um.. Bye Max." You smiled.

You gave him a slight peck on the cheek, then quickly pick up your grocery bags and walk home.

He stood there, a blushing, and smiling idiot.