16

I have an ending in my head I just don't know how I can stretch it out so this book is at least 20 chapters- Like, also should I have a sequel? Because if so then I really need to think of a way to keep this going. I have some ideas but I'm not sure.

"So, why did you want me to come over Y/n? What did you have to tell me?" Nerris asked. "I have tea to spill." You whisper. "Oh my god- tell me." She states, on the edge of her seat.

"Max he- he kissed me."

"he WHAT?!" She yelled. "I mean- Congrats!" She smiles. "How did it all happen?" She asked.

"I was skipping-" "You were what?!" She glared. "Let me finish! I was skipping and I was reading in the library, Max came in and turned the lights off... He stole my book and turned them back on. When they came on we argued for a bit, I told him I hated him... He pinned me to the wall, asked me to repeat myself- I did.. I did then he kissed me!"

The scene kept replaying over and over in your head.

"Holy fuck!" She yelled. "I just don't know if he meant it! Maybe he was trying to make me shut up??" You asked confused. "There's no way- You need to ask him about it. The curiosity is eating at me." Nerris states. "How do you think I feel? Not only am I curious, I'm scared! I kissed back!" You yelled. "Uh oh..."

...

Quietly, you walked over to the school. Neil was walking beside you but you didn't talk to him. You were staring at the ground, it was hard for you to fall asleep last night with the image playing over and over in your head.

"Is something wrong?" He asked. You shook your head and gave him the best fake genuine smile you had. "No no, I'm fine." You smile. He nods his head. "If you say so."

Making your way to school you saw Nerris. She motioned you to go over to her. "Go ask him!" "I can't just ask that when everyone's around!" You glare. "Oh yeah, oops."

You walked over to Max. "Huh?" Nikki mumbled noticing you. "Max- I need to talk to you." You state, you were serious. "Why would I want to talk to you?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. God, you hated him... But loved him at the same time.

"You're so difficult sometimes... Just, meet me in the back of the school during lunch." You roll your eyes. Neil was staring at you, he was confused. "Whatever." He rolls his eyes. You sigh. "Please..." You mumble.

"Also, have a good day at school Neil." You smile glancing over at Neil. He blushes and nods his head. "Y-You too." He grins awkwardly. You walk away.

Max didn't want Neil and Y/n to end up together... No, he couldn't let them end up together. As much as Max didn't want to admit it, he had a soft spot for Y/n... But, he didn't like her- right? He just thought maybe she was a decent person

"Oh by the way, she doesn't actually like you. I just wanted to mess with you."

This broke Neil's heart. "O-Oh..." He mumbled.

...

Lunch came, you excused yourself from the table. Harrison and Preston were a bit confused, while Nerris knew what you were doing. "Okay...?" Harrison raised an eyebrow.

You made your way out of the school, and quickly rushed over to the back. You didn't see anyone there. "Is he even coming? God..." You sigh. "I can't believe I like h-" "I'm here."

You turn to the side. "O..Oh" you mumble. "Now, what do you want?" He asks.

You sighed, gathering up all the courage you could you look in him dead in the eye.

"Why did you kiss me?" You asked with confidence.

"Why did you kiss me back?"

You sigh, you knew he would use this against you. The curiosity was eating at you, why couldn't he just answer you?

"I asked first, answer first."

"It just felt like something I had to do." He rolls his eyes.

"Why? Why would you ever want to kiss me? Nikki's head over heels in love with you, so why me? And i'm not platonically asking that, I want the truth. And I mean the real truth."

"You want the truth? Fine, I don't know. I have no idea why I kissed you, I just did. Now your turn."

"It just felt like something I had to do." You state, a slight smirk forming on your face. You wanted to hide it though.

Max groaned and rolled his eyes, though you swear you saw a slight grin. "Well, I'm gonna go back to my friends." You state, walking away.

"Y/n... She likes you..." Max turns around and saw Neil. "God- If you wanted to ease drop tell me next time." Max states, a bit startled. "If we did that you would have said something else... I can't believe you kissed her." Neil glared.

Neil was so mad, he felt betrayed. But also was sad, he can't believe his crush kissed Max.

"So you heard that I kissed her.." Max mumbled. You sigh. "You know what? For what you've done, I'm gonna blackmail you. I bet you don't want Nikki to know this." Neil states. "If you tell her I will murder you... I'm not even joking, why do you think I didn't tell you?"

"Because you knew I liked her! What, do YOU like her too?!" Neil yelled angrily. "W-What?! N-No!" Max yells, his cheeks heating up a bit. Neil glares at him. "You do... Wow, I can't believe you. You fucking asshole." Neil glares at him and storms away.

Max mouth opened slightly, his eyes widen and he felt tears well up in his eyes. Truth is, even though he bugged Neil a lot, Max really liked Neil. Not in a crush way or anything, but he appreciated his presence. And now he's gone. GONE.

he wiped his eyes. "don't cry... don't cry." He mumbled