Chapter 2

Ashton's pov

"How is it that Luke always finds a way to disappear?" I asked Mikey. "I don't know but maybe if he found someone he wouldn't be acting like this, he needs a stable relationship or something" Mikey tells me. Just as he says this Cal walks into the living room holding a bowl of popcorn and a bottle of soda, he walks straight for the tv and watches a movie like everything is fine.

Hayes's pov

Its been 5 hours since I've drifted away from my friends and brother for some time alone and just as I'm about to walk out of the park I spot a guy with blonde hair, a lip ring, and has a peaceful look on his face but I can tell he just passed out. So I walk towards him and gently grab his phone and press call on the first number on his phone. 'Luke where the hell are you dude?' the guy on the other side of the line exclaims. "Um this isn't Luke but I found him here passed on the the park bench five blocks from the mall" I tell him. 'Ok um could you possibly stay with him until I get there please?' he asks me. "Uh, sure" I tell him. 'Thank you so much I should be there in 5 minutes tops' he says and then hangs up. "Ugh!!! Who the hell are you?" blondie asks. "I'm Hayes" I tell him. "I'm Luke and I have to get home" he says. "Oh your friend is on his way" I tell him.

Michael's pov

"Oh thank god" I say rushing towards Luke and I'm assuming the boy who called me using Luke's phone are. "I should really get going" mystery boy says. "Wait I'll drive you-" "HAYES, HAYES BRO WHERE ARE?!" someone shouts from the other end of the park. "Its ok I called my brother" Hayes I'm assuming says and then walks away. Signing I help my still slightly intoxicated friend into my car.

When I get both of us into the house I help him up the stairs and into his room. Once his head hits his pillow he's out like a light. I walk to my room and do the same thing.

~Next Day~

Hayes's pov

"Hayes what happened yesterday? I mean one minute you're with us and the next your gone" Aaron says. "Oh I just needed some time to myself" I tell him. "Oh ok" Aaron says. He knows that I hate when people ask me why? so he just avoids it all together. "Yeah so are you and the other still coming to my party?" I asked him. "You know it!!" he exclaims.

When school ended I just went straight to my house and up the stairs. I again needed some space from everyone I feel like something is missing in my life I just don't know what it is yet.

Luke's pov

When I woke up the morning I immediately took some Advil and left the house again. I headed for the bar but no matter what I just couldn't drink as much as I wanted to. That boy, Hayes, was on mind every time I picked up the drink, so after 3 beers and 2 shots I left the bar.

When I got home I walked into the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of water. "Oh Luke you're home early?" Cal says confused. "Yeah I know" I tell him. "And your not wasted" he says again. I rolled my eyes and walked into the living room where Ash was watching tv. "If you say anything about me being home early I will not hesi-" "Luke?" Mikey asks. "Yes Mikey?" I asked him sighing. "Can I have a word with you please?" he asks. So I get up and follow him outside to the pool side.