part 6

Note : Nk went back to Australia before sheetal’s entry.
Italic font signifies flashbacks.

Everyone moved to the dining table when khushi went to kitchen to help hp bring out the dishes.
Meanwhile sheetal tried to sit next to arnav on khushi’s place but arnav chided her and asked to her to sit somewhere else.

But when khushi came back she sat next to shaurya without even looking at arnav. All family watched arnav slowly getting angry.

Arnav : KHUSHI!! Why are you sitting there?? There is a empty chair beside me.

Khushi : but arnavji since last week everday I am sitting here only..!! I want to catch up with shaurya and anyways it’s just a seat. May be aarav or sheetalji can sit there to give you company.

Khushi said all that with a big smile on her face without showing a single real emotion flowing through her.
Arnav recalled the incident from last week when sheetal sat beside him and khushi had politely asked her to shift. He was so angry at khushi for the DNA that he bursted on her badly.

Arnav: WHAT THE KHUSHI !! cant’t u see that sheetal is already sitting here. Why can’t u sit somewhere else. Anyway its just a seat. Go and sit there he said pointing to the chair on the far end.

Arnav regretted that day. In a few hours after shaurya’s entry he realized how much of a jerk he has been with khushi and even more so how he failed as a husband. He has always excelled in all his relations whether as a brother, as a son or even friend. Then why was he failing in his most important relationship?? The answers were too daunting. Suddenly his whole demeanor changed and he mellowed down.

Arnav : its ok khushi. Its your seat. I don’t want company. I just missed having my wife beside me.

Arnav’s statement got a lot of reactions. Anjali nani akash smiled, sheetal grimaced , shaurya rosed an eyebrow watching him silently while khushi’s faced remained stoic.

Mamiji : hello hi bye bye.. honeymoon period still going onva sasuma..
all laughed at mami’s statement.

After some time with shaurya spoke aloud

Shaurya : ASR I have a good news for you.
Arnav : what ?? He asked raising an eyebrow.

Shaurya : you won the deal. I will sign the deal papers after dinner. The biggest fashion project of this year goes to your company so congratulations.

arnav : But why so suddenly.. what changed your mind so fast.

Shaurya : khush changed it ASR. You are khushi’s husband so this project can’t go to anyone else but you.

Sheetal : What!! So just for an old friend you will make an investment worth of crores. You gave us such a big lecture how much big this investment is, how your board member will have to consider. What happened to all that.

Shaurya : Miss sheetal I must say you have a lot of manners on how to talk with your potential boss. You do remember right that if I sign this deal I will be one of your bosses.
Before answering you let me clarify something to you. Khushi is not just any old friend. She is family and for me family always come first.
Now to answer your question and also clear everyone’s doubt let me ask you guys something.Have you guys ever wondered why all my business are name as khurana such as khurana steels, khurana constructions, khurana hotels etc.. except my fashion house which is named as SK Fashion house?

Everyone frowned hearing his question except khushi who was smiling looking into her plate. Arnav frowned even more looking at khushi’s smile.

arnav : I thought you guys may be wanted it to be short or make it a separate identity.

Shaurya : no arnav it does not have any practical reason but rather a more sentimental one. 
He looked at khushi's face and continued answering

SK Fashion house was the company gifted to me and khushi by my dad. SK Fashion House actual symbolizes as Shaurya Khushi Fashion house. So tell me guys how can I not approve arnav’s deal when the fashion house is practically named after his wife.

From the time when khushi came back from mandir raizadas are getting one shock after another but this was by far the biggest one as no one seem to utter a single word even after minutes of silence.

All of them were busy staring at shaurya and khushi. None of them were able to digest the fact that a middle class girl from lakshminagar had a fashion house named after her.

Arnav stared at khushi without even blinking his eyes. He was not able to understand how suddenly everything was changing. He was feeling helpless and was not at all in a sane mind.

Shaurya: I know you guys are having a lot of questions in your head. Let me tell you somethings which might help you guys. Khush already told you her father and my father were very good friends.
My dad was very fond of khushi in fact she was almost like a daughter to him therefore after her parent's death khushi spent a lot of time with us.
During that time my dad noticed khushi’s liking to the art of stitching, her vast knowledge of fabrics. She had a natural talent in making ethnic wears especially zardosi and chikankari. Plus I was always interested in fashion but I was more inclined towards the western wear.

Therefore on khushi’s 16th birthday he wanted to gift her the fashion house which could secure her future and she will officially get the reigns when she turns 21 but she refused to accept the gift.
Therefore my dad named the house after me and khushi and stapled a clause that 20 percentages of profits from the house will go to a trust fund made for khushi which she till date never touched.

Shaurya looked at everyone’s faces which showed shock, admiration and respect for khushi except arnav. He was surprised to see the amount of pain that arnav’s eyes held. The man looked as if he was about to lose his breath.

Enjoy reading 😃

Plz vote if you like it.

PS. Next chapter may have a bit mature content so it will mostly be private. I am not sure yet.. plus I will be updating next on Sunday.