Part 10

After making Arnav eat some chocolates Khushi gave him his medicines. he slept because of the effect of medicines. The whole night Khushi was sitting beside her husband crying silently for the torture she was putting him through and even herself because you can't hurt Arnav without hurting Khushi. She remembered the day she met her lard governor, how frightened she was and till today her lard governor has not stopped scaring her. She couldn't move too much because Arnav was holding her hand very tightly and would tighten his grip with even her slightest movement. she shed more tears and slowly kept her head near his heart and slept.

Next morning Khushi woke up and saw Arnav tightly coiled around her. His one hand around her shoulders and other around her waist, her head on his heart and their legs entangled. She carefully removed his grip from her body and replaced her body's warmth with pillow and left to get ready for the day ahead. She came out and slowly woke him up.

the moment he was awake he started recalling last night and started panicking. He reminded her of the child waking up from a nightmare.

Arnav : Khushi...Khushi.. last night..it was a nightmare last night right.. I imagined it...ofcourse I am right.. you would never ask me for a divorce..you know you are my life.. tell me it was nightmare damnt it...

Shaking her violently he started silently crying... tell me Khushi.. how can you even think of separating from me.. you know I would die..

Khushi : shh calm down arnavji calm down.. take a deep breath first..

she slowly calmed him down and hugged him caressing his hair.

Khushi : Arnavji please calm yourself down..You can't jeopardize your health like this. Arnavji whatever happened last night was true.. I did ask you for divorce and there is no changing my mind on it. But after the divorce whether we can start afresh or go on our separate ways that depends on you. we need to talk and we need privacy for that so after having breakfast we are going to farmhouse so please call aman and clear your schedule and if you have a important meeting we can talk in evening or..

he shouted cutting her mid sentence

Arnav : WHAT.. you really think that I give a damn about any meeting while you are asking me for a divorce.. and we are going to the farmhouse right now.. we will have breakfast there.. just give me a few min to change clothes..

Khushi : well the way you were behaving since last few days I thought it was safe to ask so then u don't blast on me later n no we are not having our breakfast here.. your sugar was too low last night so u need to eat something asap . Don't shake your head.. I won't talk if you won't eat and please for once in your life listen to me. please..

Arnav looked at her eyes which were glistening from her undropped tears and felt a wave of anger and disgust for himself.. why isn't he able to cherish her properly, his Khushi, the love of his life.He cupped her face with both his hands and kissed her forehead with a long kiss that screamed of his guilt, devotion and infinite love.

Arnav : fine I will get ready and come downstairs but as soon as we finish breakfast we will be leaving. I love you Khushi.

Khushi : I know arnavji.. I love u too.

Khushi went down to help in breakfast..

Khushi : ok hpji.. all is set and done..please set the table and me and arnavji are going to have our lunch out so prepare accordingly..also re..

sheetal: Khushi don't u know Arnav has a very important meeting today.. did you even inform him.. he has been preparing for this meeting since very long.. u should have at least asked him.

Khushi was about to give a fitting reply when the family interrupted yet again

Aakash : yes Khushi sheetalji is right .. we have a very important meeting today.. you should have asked before making plans..bhai won't like it

mamiji : hello hi bye bye.. this phatisaree doesn't care about my Arnav bitwas hardwork at all.. why do u trouble everyone so much.. now go get breakfast for Aarav bitwa and me.

Arnav's pov

He went to the bathroom to get ready and stood under the shower recalling this morning and last night, recalling her words, realizing how much failure of a husband he has been. wiping his tears concealed under the water droplets. he stood straight n determined.. I won't let go of my Khushi.. I will change her mind.. I will repent my mistakes and cherish her..i have to make her realise that how much I love her...Now I will become Arnav for Khushi and asr for everyone else.. I have to show her that she is my soul or else I will loose my sunshine... he got ready and made some calls

he went downstairs to witness a new chaos which was adding to his already growing mountain of guilt..

Arnav : WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE... mamiji my wife's name is Khushi..more specifically Khushi Arnav singh raizada. not phatisaree.. call her Khushi or betiya or mrs. raizada but never agin demean her name got it.. and she is not a servant that u are ordering.. we have house help and if you don't wanna use them help your own self and Aakash u will call her bhabi from now on.. I don't care if she is younger to you you will respect her like you respect me.. and last never advice Khushi in regards to me.. she knows me better than anyone and she is the only one to have a right to order me.. got it.. we are going out and we will be back tomorrow.. Khushi please go and pack a overnight bag..go jaan..

he looked around to witness the shocked faces of his family at his angry outburst..ironically they never seem shocked when he shouts at Khushi and with it another wave of guilt hits him.

he settles on the breakfast table and closes his eyes to calm down.

Arnav : mamiji I am sorry for shouting but please never disrespect Khushi ever again. insulting her means u want to insult me..

mamiji nods slowly accepting his apology still in her shocked state.. whereas Aakash sheetal Aarav and naniji were still paralysed in their places and hp was shivering at a distance holding the waterjug.

Arnav : nani me and Khushi are going to the farmhouse. we will come tomorrow. Aakash I have already talked to aman and taken care of the things. and finally now sheetal never question my wife again in regards to me again..do u understand and pack your and Aarav's bags u both are shifting to AR headquarters today..u have until lunch to get settled in and report to the office afterwards.

Unaware to the whole commotion Anjali came and only listened to her chotte's last sentence and started whining unaware of the ticking time bomb her chotte is right now.

Anjali : but chotte why will sheetalji be shifting to AR headquater.. Aarav will be all alone when she will go to work. why can't she just stay here.

Arnav : bus di.. no more discussion on this topic.. sheetal and Aarav have overstayed their welcome. if u want u can go and meet Aarav at the headquarters. they are our guest and they have to go someday so why not now. Also I don't like my employees staying in my house it would send a wrong message.

sheetal don't sit their looking at me an d go pack.

Noone dared to say a word after his recent outburst and obediently looked at their plates and started eating their breakfast silently while Arnav waited for Khushi.