Part 11

After packing a small bag Khushi comes downstairs and sat opposite to Arnav instead of beside him. Arnav without saying anything gets up and settled beside her while everyone were looking at them shockingly.

WHAT..!! arnav shouted looking at everyone and resumed serving Khushi who was still shocked.

come on jaan.. eat fast.. we have to leave said Arnav while Khushi nodded.

They finished their breakfast and took naniji's blessing and started to leave. While leaving a security guard came and handed Khushi a packet which had just arrived with her name. Khushi thanked him while Arnav looked at her questionably. Instead of answering him Khushi went and settled in the car and waited for him. Although he wanted to shout at Khushi for ignoring him like this he refrained himself. He went inside the car and looked at Khushi for few moments while she turned her head away. composing himself he started driving.

After few min Khushi started opening the packet while Arnav stole glance towards her excited face. Inside the packet was a latest smart phone, a laptop and a black card.

Arnav : Why did shaurya gifted you all these?

Khushi : How did you know that he is the one who gifted me all these? Anyways you are right. And he gifted me this because yesterday when I went to him he saw my phone and didn't like that old nokia model. he wanted me to have a smartphone so.. and about the laptop and card I will tell you later.

Arnav : But if you wanted to have a smartphone why didn't you ask me.. I would have bought it for you..i thought you didn't like expensive things.. u never liked when I gifted you expensive jewellery.

Khushi : First of all there is difference between jewellery and phone.. I still don't like heavy jewellery but I always wanted a smartphone just like any youngster. and u didn't know because u never asked me what I like. Secondly I didn't even ask him he himself wanted to gift me because he knows I like them.

Arnav looked at Khushi regretfully. He was ashamed with himself actually more so disgusted with himself.

Arnav : I am sorry jaan..I still don't know how can I create so many mistake with one person who I love more than myself but Khushi you could have purchased that yourself.... why were you suppressing your desires?

Khushi : don't ask those questions whose answers you will not be able to hear.

Arnav : please Khushi answer me.. i won't be able to correct my mistakes if i don't now them love.

Khushi : are you sure Arnavji ? we already have enough grievances to solve... plus I know you didn't do this intentionally.

Arnav : Khushi please.. i want us to have a fresh start plus i want to know how much of a fool i have been in regards to you..this time around i will cherish you properly.. now tell me without feeling guilty.

Khushi taking a deep breath closes her eyes and exhales loudly before speaking while Arnav looks on frowningly, thinking hard about what is the matter.

Khushi : i did not purchase it because i don't have the money. i ..

Arnav cutting her in the middle he said " Khushi what the hell are you saying.. do you even know how much i earn every second"

Khushi : let me complete my sentence arnavji.. when i said i didn't have i meant it.. it was your money.. i don't have a credit or debit card, i don't know the password of the locker in our room where you keep cash and whenever i want to purchase anything regarding household di gives me money because she manages the household expenses plus since we are married whatever i am spending for my essentials or anything else i am using my dabba service money and previous savings. so if i wanted to buy something expensive i had to ask you or di for money which i didn't want to do.

Arnav halted the car suddenly hearing her explanation jerking them both in their seats. thankfully they were almost near the house and there was no car behind them or there would have been an accident. He resumed the driving silently without even looking at her. he couldn't look at her anymore. Thank god they were near the farmhouse because he doesn't think he is stable enough to drive. the rest of journey was spent with a pin drop silence.