♡ C H A P T E R O N E ♡

Life in Riverdale at this current time is turbulent

Life in Riverdale at this current time is turbulent. It is worse for some more than others. Particularly speaking, Betty Cooper. She has been receiving calls from the Black hood. The murderer is threatening the lives of Betty's family and friends and using it as blackmail to get Betty to do as he pleases. Everyone is completely oblivious to what was going on with Betty except for two Archie Andrews and Ariana Russo. She told Archie one morning walking to school and she told Ariana the night of Nick St Claire's party after she left with Betty following the verbal attack on Veronica.

The Black hood has asked Betty to do things such as cut of friendships and expose her own mother and as of right now , end her relationship with Jughead Jones. Betty has asked Archie and Ariana to break up with Jughead hoping that it will ease the pain as it is coming from his two closest friends.

~Ariana's POV~

"Archie please be nice, ok?" I pleaded with Archie as I closely followed behind him towards Jugheads trailer.

"Relax Ari, it will be fine" he reassured me as we arrived at Jugheads door just as he was coming out.

"Archie , Ariana what are you guys doing here?" He said with a hint of nervousness in his voice

"We need to talk Jug" Archie stated

"Look Archie now is not a good time, you guys need to leave" Jughead said rushed.

"Jug is everything ok?"  I asked and I was slightly beginning to worry. I was only really here to make sure Archie didn't fuck up and get himself killed.

"Everything's fine just you two need to leave, like right now" Jughead said a little frantic, looking around.

"Jug what is going on"

"What the hell do we have here?" An unfamiliar voice said as a small crowd of young serpents formed outside the trailer.

"They were just leaving alright?" Jughead said to the extremely tall and extremely hot black haired boy who had just arrived. He said it as if he was trying to calm the tall serpent but he still didn't look too impressed by mine and Archie's presence, mostly Archie's.

"Wait, you're friends with these thugs?" Archie asked Jughead with a frown.

I mentally face-palm, it's like he's asking for trouble. Only Archie Andrews would call a bunch of gang members 'thugs' to their face.

"Archie!" I hissed at him but was just ignored.

"It's not what you think" Jughead said, trying not to cause a scene. The thing is it's exactly what he thinks. Jughead told me he was thinking about joining the serpents, Toni helped him learn the laws and I was there for moral support and to kill time but that's besides the point. He told me to keep quite about it though, just until he gets through the initiation.

"Are you joining the Serpents?" Archie said with attitude. He furrowed his eyebrows and gave an almost confused looking glare to Jughead.

"If he survives" Tall, dark and handsome interjected. "And go ahead, call us thugs one more time!" The serpent boy said slightly lunging towards Archie but was held back by Jughead. Even though he just basically threatened Archie he could still get it.

"Jughead these are the guys who attacked me. Who attacked Reggie and Veronica and Dilton. Your friends!" Archie said. Ok Archie first of all I've literally never seen Jughead utter a single word to Dilton Doiley, Reggie Mantle literally bullied him and he only really tolerates Veronica because of Betty.

I scoffed grabbing the attention of some of the serpents that didn't even notice me, including the one who threatened Archie. "Come on Archie, I thought you were done with the whole 'attacked' thing. Everyone already knows what actually happened" I snapped at him to be again ignored.

"Is that why you two came here?, to warn me"Jughead says with a frown trying to piece information together.

"No. I came here to tell you to stay away from Betty, she doesn't wanna see you anymore" Archie said to Jughead who now sports a confused and sad look.

"Screw you! I saw Betty yesterday, sh- ..she was fine" Jughead said defeatedly looking Archie up and down. That look on his face instantly broke my heart. I was for sure going to be having words with Archie.

"No dude, she's been wanting to break up with you for weeks now. She's been agonising over it. Since you crossed the dark side. She couldn't bring herself to do it" Archie said. He literally is doing the opposite of what Betty asked us to do. I don't even know how I can try make this better.

"So she sent you two?, Betty would never do that" Jughead stated raising his voice slightly, seeming angry.

"If you don't believe me, then call her"Archie said also slightly raising his voice. "And feel free to tell her you're a Serpent now, I bet she'll love that" Archie says with attitude and sarcasm.

"She saw where you were headed, Jughead , we all did. She knows you can't be with them and with her, come on man, you know it too!" Archie stated glaring and Jug.

Jughead looks at me with sadness in his eyes, almost hoping that I would tell him it's just a sick joke or something but I just mirror his expression. His sadness soon morphs to anger as he glares at Archie.

"Tell Betty I got the message" Jug says, his voice laced with a mix of anger and sadness.

"Yeah, come on Russo" Archie quickly mutters as he grabs my wrist and begins to walk away.

"Wait!" I say.

"Look I know you probably won't listen to me but Betty is going through a rough patch and needs some space right now but just give her time" I say quickly trying to get my point in. He just nods slightly at my words, I send him a sad smile and follow Archie to his truck.

"What the hell was that Archie!" I snapped at him once we were inside the truck and on the road.

"Ariana-"

"No Archie, Betty said that we were supposed to let him down easy not completely annihilate him."

"I know but-"

"But what, just because you have a big vendetta against the Serpents and now he's joining doesn't mean you have to go treating him like you treat the other Serpents" I say interrupting him.

"He's still the same Jughead, nothing has changed. Plus you have probably ruined any chance Betty had of fixing their relationship so I hope you're happy" I say in a huff.

He doesn't reply because he knows I'm right. He really ain't the sharpest tool in the shed, I'll tell ya that. The rest of the car ride is silent. He drops me off and I mutter a quick 'thank you' before making my way inside. What a stressful day.

♡♡♡