♡ C H A P T E R T W O ♡

~ 3rd person POV~

~ 3rd person POV~

It has been a day since the 'Bughead' breakup and Jughead's initiation. It's currently 1:30am, Ariana has taken the night shift at Pops. It is surprisingly empty for a Saturday night. There's usually a few people ranging from truckers and teens but tonight it's like a ghost town.

Ariana is now sweeping the floor of the diner, humming and swaying along to the random song playing lightly through the speakers. She doesn't mind taking the night shift. She actually finds it quite relaxing, cleaning and attending to the occasional customer. It's quiet and peaceful.

A motorcycle pulls up to the diner, unbeknownst to Ariana . Sweet Pea or the tall Serpent from Jughead's as known to Ariana had just been jumped by Ghoulies on his way home from the Whyte Wyrm. It wouldn't be the first time he was involved in a fight with members of the Ghoulies. You would think that considering he had minor injuries that he would just go home and normally he would but tonight Sweet Pea decided that he wanted to go to Pops.

He entered the diner hoping that Pop Tate would be on duty. When he saw the young girl, roughly the same age as himself he regretted his decision immediately. That was until she noticed his presence and sent him a warm smile. Ariana had recognised Sweet Pea from that day before. This left him a bit confused and nervous. He didn't know how to react. Usually Pop is the only one who serves him because no one else wanted to.

He had butterflies in his stomach but of course he hadn't a clue what that was because the only other time he ever had butterflies was when he was becoming a Serpent.

"Oh my god, are you ok?" Ariana said softly with concern, breaking the silence as she noticed his cuts.

"Oh- um yeah" he replied as a light blush coated his face that was scattered with cuts and bruises.

"Well you can take a seat anywhere and I'll be right over" she said with small grin.

He replies with a nod and takes a seat in the booth closest to him. Ariana makes her way behind the counter puts the sweeping brush away and grabs the first aid kit along with a glass of ice and clean cloth. She then makes her way over to the boy. She then places the items into the table.

"I thought maybe you could use some of this stuff, if you want" she said with a kind smile.

"Oh! um thanks" Sweet Pea replied, shocked at the kindness from the Northsider.

"So what can I get for you? it can't be a burger though, unfortunately Pop turns the grills off at 11pm. I could try but I don't really now how to turn the grill on and the burger probably wouldn't taste too good either" she says with a slight giggle. He smiled at her words. Also he couldn't help but notice how cute she was.