♡ C H A P T E R N I N E ♡

~ 3rd person POV~

~ 3rd person POV~

It was now a new day. Second day at Riverdale High for the transfer students. Toni, Fangs and Sweet Pea were sat in the student lounge talking, Serpent jacket and tattoo free and Sweet Pea was wearing a turtleneck. Toni made it her business to ask Sweet Pea about his project work with Riverdale High's sweetheart Ariana.

"So Pea, how was it?" She asks.

"How was what?" Sweet Pea replies, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Your little study date with Ariana" she says teasing him.

"How come I'm only hearing about this now?" Fangs pitches in.

"Because it wasn't a date, Ms Darbus paired us up for an English project and I just went to her house to do it" Sweet Pea states.

"But you like her?" Toni says smirking with a raised eyebrow.

"When did I say that, I literally never did, what would give you that idea-"

"Relax I'm just kidding" Toni interrupts.

"If you do, join the club, heard Mantle talking to another newbie tell him to spread the word that she's 'his', she told me that wasn't true though" Fangs says.

"When did you talk to her" Sweet Pea asks, curiously.

"Sit next to her in History, we had a sub so we just talked, mainly about musicals" He replies earning eyebrow raises from his friends.

"Guilty pleasure" he says.

"Hey have any of you seen Jones?" Fangs asks changing the subject and right as he says it Jughead walks through the door sporting his leather Serpent jacket.

"Oh hey guys, what's up?" He says strolling to the vending machine giving Reggie Mantle, who was sat on one of the sofas, a clear view of his jacket. All eyes are on him.

"Take it off" Reggie says, anger seeping through his voice. He drops the basketball that was in his hands and makes his way over to Jughead with some Bulldogs following behind him. Sweet Pea and Fangs slowly approach, waiting to see how this will go.

"Take off the jacket, Rat boy" Reggie spits even angrier.

Jughead roll his eyes and turns around from the vending machine.

"Oh Reggie, I don't think you know what this jacket means because you have no sense of honour or history or loyalty" Jughead says almost taunting Reggie.

"That's it!" Reggie says lunging at Jughead. A fight breaks out, Sweet Pea and Fangs also step in to back up Jughead, fighting with the other Bulldogs. The chaos is spotted by Veronica who was walking by and she runs to get the principal.

♡♡♡

They are now sat in the principals office, including Toni who distanced herself from the fight but still got in trouble.

"You all have a weeks detention for fighting" Weatherbee states to the group who all just sigh.

"I have made myself clear to you, Mr Jones. Take off that jacket right now or you're suspended" Weatherbee threatens.

"Please Jughead, just take it off" Veronica says calmly.

"Then I guess I'm suspended" Jughead says before turning around and walking out of the office.

Soon after the Serpents walk out of the office, pissed. They are then met with a worried looking Russo.

"Hey I heard what happened, are you guys ok?" Ariana says with concern.

"Just peachy" Toni replies, her voice laced with sarcasm.

"We got a weeks detention for the fight and the other Bulldogs got off Scot free, as usual" Sweet Pea says still clearly pissed. He looks down at Ariana who is looking up at him with her sympathy filled big brown eyes. Looking at her eased his mind. It wasn't the first time that he was calmed down by just looking at her but the last time was to chaotic for him to notice, but he noticed this time. He was in too deep, he knew he liked her and there was no going back.

"I'm sorry, that sucks" she says.

"But if it helps I saw Reggie trip and fall over his basketball this morning" she adds with a smile trying to lighten the mood and it works.

"Come on Russo" Toni says rolling her eyes playfully while laughing, putting her arm around the girl roughly the same height as herself and they begin to walk to their next class.

♡♡♡