•Chapter Two•

The next day, Billy was a surprised with a new sandwich once again after his history lesson. Just this time, it wasn't a neatly wrapped it seemed to be made in a rush.

Once again he picked it up, a yellow sticky note under it.

"Sorry I was in a rush, I hope you don't mind."

He looked around for anyone, but there was no one. The class was empty and he heard chattering outside signaling him that lunch had already started.

He shrugged and unwrapped the sandwich before biting into it. He was still wondering who was the anonymous person leaving him sandwiches for lunch.

But this time Elena didn't watch if Billy was eating her sandwich, she had bigger problems. Way bigger problems.

She kept her anxiety behind her facade as she scanned the group that was circled around her. "You think you can just come her?! Go back to your fucking country! You don't belong here." With that last sentence a boy she remembered as Tommy H. shoved her to the ground.

A loud groan escaped her as her body hit the ground and the next was a hurtful groan as his boot made contact with her stomach. And again and again.

She felt nauseous and her head started spinning as Tommy kept kicking her on the head and in the stomach. The only thing she could do was roll up and hope he couldn't do more damage than he already did.

"What the hell, Tommy!" Elena flinched at the unfamiliar voice intertwining and now standing between her and Tommy. "Oh, look. King Steve being the hero of the day!" He mocked the boy that stood in front of Elena.

She didn't even seem to realize the two people beside her. She only sat up, blood running down her face and her white fluffy hoodie was dirty and bloody.

It wasn't the first time that this had happened. It happened more than she liked to admit.

While Steve and Tommy argued, Jonathan and Nancy tried to talk to girl which seemed in pain and wouldn't even recognize their presence.

"What the actual fuck is going on!" Once again Elena flinched as Billy's loud voice echoed through the parking lot. Tommy instantly got quiet while Steve seemed to fume with anger.

Billy's blue eyes took a quick look at Elena and he had to hold himself back. "What the fuck happened?" He asked Tommy, his voice steady and emotionless but loud and demanding. "I don't-" "You know you fucking piece of shit! You beat that girl senseless!" Steve yelled and now the virals that hated each other fumed with anger against Tommy.

"Let me through... Elena oh god Elena!" The older one seemed to get out of her daze as she heard the cries of her little sister. "Don't let her see me like this!" The older one quickly said as she turned away from her sister. "What happened, Elena, oh bože!" [Oh god!] Emilija cried. "Nothing happened, leave!" Elena said, her voice was loud silencing the arguing trio.

Nancy understood what the demand of Elena was and took the group of teenagers who seemed to be in shock and anger away. "What happened to her?" Emilija said, her voice loud as she tried to get out of Nancy's grip. "She'll tell you if she's ready but I don't think she is right now."

With Jonathan's help Elena finally stood up, almost collapsing against the older one. God she couldn't feel her body and the only thing she felt was an immense amount of pain raging through her body.

And with one last look at Elena, Steve was the first one to throw a punch right at Tommy's face, making him stumble back. Both, Billy and Steve were stronger than Tommy and now he knew how fucked he was.

And after that Billy and Steve each took turns to beat the living fuck out of Tommy. Billy knew that he was considered an 'aggressive' and would beat up anyone and everyone, but he would never ever lay a finger upon a woman. Not in his lifetime.

"That hurts like a bitch." Elena muttered as she was seated on Jonathan's car. She sighed, before pulling off her sweater, revealing a white tank top under it. Now a heavy breathing Steve with bloody knuckles joined the trio. "I think we should go to Joyce, she probably knows how to clean these wounds and put on bandages." Steve suggested. "I'm fine." Elena said, as she tried to look Steve in the face, but her body didn't seem to acknowledge the demands. "You're clearly not. Give me your car keys, I'll drive your car there." Steve said, and she didn't know if she could trust him. But she gave him her keys without protesting. "But I want to drive in my car. Because I have no idea if I'll vomit." She said, standing up and walking with Steve over to her car.

"Pretty bag." Emilija grinned as she saw that Steve had her backpack on. "But thank you, for sticking up." She said, awkwardly fiddling with her hands. "It's fine. No one in their lifetime should hit a woman. Not only women but anyone for that matter." He said, his bloody knuckles turned a little white as he gripped the steering wheel. "Happens." She shrugged. "No I doesn't just 'happen'. No one should go through this or be this beat up." Steve muttered as he started the car, driving out of the parking lot. Elena looked out of her car, seeing Billy still beating Tommy senseless.

—————
Edited