•Chapter Ten•

Elena's heart started to wrench at the sound of Billy's broken voice on the other side of the phone. „Please, god please I beg you pick us up." Billy begged on the other side of the phone and even Max was stunned, standing beside him, trying to hold him up. Max had never heard her brother so broken and somehow it broke her too.

„I'm on my way." Elena said without hesitation before she put the phone back onto the wall. She immediately grabbed her coat and her keys before she dashed out of the door, her little sister on her heels.

„Elena, drive slower!" Emilija yelled from the backseat, her hands gripping the empty passenger seat. But Elena didn't care as she finally hit the breaks in front of Billy's house, Max and Billy sitting on the front porch. „Please, Please you have to help me. He's hurt so bad." Max said as she teared up. God that poor girl. „Get in the car, I'll get him in the car." Elena nodded before she slid out of her seat, leaving the door open.

„Fuck, Billy." Elena gasped as she saw how bad the boy was actually hurt. His face was covered in blood, an open wound on his forehead and his dress shirt was drenched in blood and dirt. „Hey." He laughed dryly as he tried to look st her, failing due barely seeing anything through his black eye. „Let's get you in the car, Alright?" Elena said, smiling sadly at him. He only nodded, groaning in pain as he stood up.

She finally took a deep breath as the car sped out of the street. „Don't take me to the hospital, please." He begged, as he leaned his head against the glass of the car, cooling his burning face and black eye. „I won't." She muttered as she drove into the more richer part of Hawkins.

With Billy's arm around her shoulder and almost carrying all of his weight by herself, she knocked onto the white door. „Oh hey..." Steve answered confused as he saw the group of four standing in front of his door, soaked by the pouring rain.

„Max, Emi!" Elena heard familiar cheers as the two youngest walked into the living Tommy while she carried Billy inside, with the help of Steve. „Oh my god, what happened?" Will asked shocked as he stood in front of Billy. „Nothin' kid. Go back playing D&D or something." Billy said, not even having the strength for something mean.

With a huff Steve and Elena sat Billy down onto the toilet seat as Steve roamed through the drawers, getting out a first aid kit. „I'll take care of him, you go watch your ducklings." Elena said, a sad smile on her face. Steve only nodded, closing the door behind him.

Elena helped him button down his shirt and slid it off of him. She immediately got tears in her eyes as she looked at his bruised torso and the outline of a boot that was clear on his stomach. Elena could take beatings, but god, seeing someone she loves this beat up felt like something shattered inside her.

„Hey, hey." Billy said, concerned as he saw how Elena's tears just ran down her face. „What's wrong?" his voice was soft, as he tried taking her hand but she pulled away aggressively. „This is bullshit! This is all bullshit! You don't deserve this, Max doesn't deserve this!" she cried in anger, her fist hitting against the marble sink. „Elena, please..." „No Billy! He's going to kill you some day and you know it and I know it! He's going to kill you some fucking day! Please, you need to leave this house, you need to leave your dad!" She cried desperately. „I've lost so many people, I can't lose you too." And now the younger girl was embraced in his arms, as she sobbed against his bruised chest, his hands slowly caressing through her hair as his eyes started to tear up too.

And the kids, including Steve, that could clearly hear the conversation were now quiet. And even if each and everyone of them despised Billy they couldn't help but feel pity. Because absolutely no one should be treated like this, especially not by someone who is supposed to love them.

„Steve?" Elena entered the room, her eyes were red and puffy while everyone looked at her. „Is it okay if we all sleep over?" She asked, wiping her nose trying to cover up the fact that she just bawled her eyes out. „Yeah, the kids are having a sleepover here anyway. Let me get you some clothes." The brunette smiled as he jumped up, going upstairs for some spare clothes.

Elena sighed and went back to the bathroom, taking the already in blood covered towel as she kept cleaning the face of the Californian boy. „We'll spend the night here. I can't let you go home and you can't come to my place either." She sighed as she was done cleaning up his face, putting a big ass bandaid over his open wound. Billy only nodded as she put both of her hands on each side of his torso. „That's gonna hurt but I'm just making sure that nothings broken." she muttered as she felt each of his ribs if they were out of place or moving. „All good." she smiled when she was done. „Where did you learn that?" He asked, confused as he tilted his head slightly. „Had to teach it myself to check if my dad broke my ribs or if I was just hella sore." She said, laughing slightly as she wrapped a bandage around his torso, covering some deep cuts. „Did he ever?" Billy asked, looking at her. „Huh?" „Did he ever break something?" „Oh yeah, like 4 times. My ribs like 3 times and my wrist once." She shrugged as she thanked Steve who had put the clothes onto the sink. „Bastard."

Everyones eyes were on the two as they entered the living room after they had changed into the spare clothes. „Nice bun." Max smiled as she looked at the bun that was on top of her brothers head after Elena had forced him to wash his hair because it was covered in mud. He didn't say anything, laying down onto the couch that the kids had emptied. Elena sat down after she had lifted Billy's head, silently offering her thighs as a pillow.

He sighed silently as Elena's hand had found it's way to his cheek, her thumb lightly rubbing over his cheekbone. She looked at him with a slight smile as his eyes closed and he leaned into her touch.

And Billy didn't care that the guy he despised the most and the children, that were probably made by satan himself, saw him so vulnerable with Elena. When he was with Elena he didn't care at all what others thought of him, just like when they were dancing in the diner. When he was with her he didn't want to be the bad boy everyone expected him to be, he just wanted to be himself for once and he didn't care if his sister saw or her stupid friends or Harrington.

The only thing that Billy cares the most about was Elena holding him, making him feel safe and letting him feel as if his problems were gone for once.

—————————

God, soft Billy I love it!
Also thank you all for almost 800 reads in like three days this story has been up? Y'all are crazy, thank you so much!