•Chapter Seven•

Elena got a deja vu when she sat down onto the dock, letting her feet dip into the water. But now she was alone. Billy wasn't here.

She opened her already half empty vodka bottle and took another swig. God, she hated that taste but at least it got her drunk.

She froze when she suddenly heard branches cracking behind her. She turned and not too soon after she saw a blonde guy coming out of the woods. "Let's talk." She said as she held up the bottle of whiskey.

With a sigh Billy sat down across from her, his shoes off and one foot in the water, the other one under himself. "What do you want to talk about?" He asked, his voice cold as he opened the bottle. "I wanted to explain, but I have to start from the very beginning for you to understand. So just listen, Okay?" She said, her breathing slightly speeding up as she fiddled with her hands. He just nodded and took the first swig of the whiskey.

"You know, I grew up in a perfect family. I had a mom, a dad, a big brother and my little sister. We were happy. So happy. We were the perfect family everyone dreamed of.
My mother was the typical mother, taking care of her children, doing the household, making sure everyone was alright and fed. The perfect mom.
And my dad, he was typical too. Going to work everyday, coming back home and enjoy the rest of the day with his three children.

My brother", she choked back her sobs before she took another swig of the alcohol," Milan was his name. God, he was the best big brother you could ever think of! He was always nice and he loved me and Emilija to the moon and back.
You know who reminds me of him the most? Steve Harrington." She grinned, the tears still in her eyes. "Steve?" Billy asked with a raised eyebrow. Elena nodded before she took another swig and lit up an cigarette. "Steve und Milan would've been best friends, they are so similar.

But there was one problem. My brother was gay. And he hid it as good as he could from everyone, except from his family because we loved him anyway. Even my dad.
But some day, someone saw him kiss his boyfriend Aleks. And of course it got around town." She had to take a deep breath. "And one night, a group of guys went over to Aleks apartment. They broke in and tore the two out of their bed." Until now, no tears had fallen but now they were flowing like a waterfall. She had never talked to anyone about what happened at home. And Billy didn't know what to do, except to let his hand slither around hers, squeezing it.

"They got them out of their bed, out of their apartment in just underwear. They tied them to an old truck. And they drove. You could hear their screams for miles.
And then they dumped my brother and Aleks like trash in a ditch right out of town.
And do you know why I hate myself so fucking much? Because that night, I drove past that fucking ditch with my bike and I swore I heard something but I didn't stop. And maybe if I would've stopped, I could've saved at least one of them. But I didn't." In Elena came up the guilt once again she had felt all these years. Maybe anything would've been different if she would've just stopped.

"After the funeral of my brother my whole family suffered. You know, my father suffered the most. You'd think that every dad had a favorite daughter. No, my dad didn't. My father loved Milan unconditionally. Milan was his favorite, his little prince.
And suddenly he's murdered and no one gives a fuck because he's gay. They don't look after a murder of two people because they were gay Billy, do you know how fucked up that is?" At this point she was aggressively wiping away her tears, she didn't want to cry. But she couldn't help it. Billy didn't say a word, he seemed in too much of a shock to say anything.

"So my mother took matters in her own hands. She was so furious that they had taken my brother and a loving boyfriend. My mother spent months trying to find these boys. And with my help she did. And I wish I never would've told her.

On the 25th of July, which was my brothers birthday, my mother went out and hunted them down, each and everyone of them. She killed them. She shot them dead.

And my mother didn't return. Two days later they had found the boys in an apartment and my mother in a forest just a couple of miles away. She had killed herself. And she left only a ripped small piece of paper in her pocket.

'I'm sorry, I had to do this. And if I don't kill myself, they would've did. I'm sorry. I love you. Goodbye.'"

She had to breath through. These were too many memories coming up right now. Too many bad things that had happened.

"So both, my mom and my brother were dead. My father just wanted to leave, so we did. We came here and then everything went downhill. He started to drink and to hit me. He blamed me for mom's death, for Milan's death and for Aleks' death. And he was right. If I just would've stopped and if i just wouldn't have told my mother where they were. Maybe then we would have had the perfect family we had back then." She sobbed as she buried her face in her hands.

Everything she had felt all those years came back up, overrunning her as she tried to get her breathing under control. She tried to calm herself down which seemed to work a little.

"Why are you telling me all of this?" Billy asked, still kind of in shock as he looked at the younger girl in front of him. He couldn't comprehend why she'd tell him all of this, just after pushing him away.

"Because I want you in my life. I've never told anyone about what happened. It was wrong what I said, okay? I know I was hurtful and an asshole but I had to protect you. Whatever is going on at your house is already so much. And if I let you into my life, it could go worse for you and me." She explained while wiping away her tears. "You could've told me you know? To keep it downlow instead of pushing me away." He said, sighing. "I don't like to let people in, show them the real me. It disappoints them most of the time. And I don't want to disappoint you."

"You could never disappoint me. Never in your whole life time."