•Chapter Fifteen•

(A/N AT THE END PLEASE READ)

"I want you to move in with me." "What?" Billy was more confused than ever as he laid on the couch at his girlfriends house, she comfortably laying between his legs, her head resting on his chest. "I want you to move in with me." She repeated once again, her arms now helping her sitting up while she sat between his legs on her lower legs as she looked at him. "You know I can't. You know I cant leave Max alone, Elena." Billy sighed sadly as his arms roamed up and down her upper arm.

He'd love to move in with her. He'd more than love it, to get away from his abusive father. But he couldn't leave Max. He knew that his father had no boundaries and if he'd leave he'd beat his little sister, he learned to protect and love.

"I mean she can move in too. You know we'd just take my dad's old bedroom. Get a new bed. Max can get my bedroom and Emilija has hers. I have custody over Emilija, and you don't need custody for Max because we all know that her mom would be happy not to have her with Neil. Besides that you're here everyday anyway. So what do you think?" She asked.

It may sound ridiculous because they barely know each other 3 months. And now she wanted him to move in with her. But it didn't feel weird or wrong, she loved the idea of spending time with Billy and him not coming to her to patch him up. To finally have a little less stress on his shoulders.

"I'd have to speak with Max and Susan. But if it works, I'd love to move in with you." He smiled as he pulled himself up, cupping her face with his big hands and pressing a kiss onto her mouth. She smiled into the kiss.

For Elena it felt like she knew this boy for years, knowing almost everything about him. His fears, his dreams, his favorite food, his taste of music and so much more. But in reality they knew each other for 3 months and everyone thought their love was insanity, but they didn't care.

The next day they made their way over to Billy's house. They knew that Neil would be at work so they didn't have to worry about any aggressive encounters. "Let's do this Baby." Billy sighed, more to himself than to Elena. Because he really wanted to leave this hellhole with his father but he knew he couldn't when Max wasn't allowed to leave with him. With a sigh both of them left the car, making their way over to the house and Elena knocking three times before taking her place next to Billy.

When the door opened they could see Susan, the red hair reminding Elena of Max, now a small smile tugging at her lips before she reached out her hand. "Hello I'm Elena, Billy's girlfriend." She smiled and the woman smiled back, a warm and polite smile besides the black eye she had. "Come in, you guys." She smiled. And Elena couldn't understand why he didn't like Susan. She was incredibly nice despite being hit by his dad too and she seemed so lovely. "We need to talk, Susan." Billy said and all of them made their way over to the living room, sitting down on the neat couch.

And Billy was pumping with anxiety, thinking his dad might burst in any moment, ruining the only shot he got right now. "So, what's going on?" She asked, concerned as she leaned back, intertwining her pale lanky fingers as her eyes wandered between the both of them. Elena realized that Billy was too much in fright to say a thing, and she could feel her chest tightening. She knew that feeling, not feeling safe at home. "I want Billy to move in with me." Elena now said. Susan looked shocked, before a smile occupied her face as she leaned forward, her long red hair moving with each of her move. "That's amazing! God, Billy-" "But he won't leave without Max." Elena interrupted her and her smiled seemed to fade immediately. "He's scared for Max, he grew to love her like a little sister. And if Max isn't coming with us, he can't leave either. He doesn't want her to get hurt by Neil. So we need your approval to take Max with us, to keep her safe." Elena explained. "And we don't want to take your daughter away from you, that's not what we want to do. You can come visit and everything you want to, we just want to give her a safe home together with me, Billy and my little sister."

Susan leaned back, her light eyes brimming with tears getting bloodshot. "I love my daughter. And I want the best for her." She sobbed as she leaned back, rubbing her face with her hands, them shaking slightly. "I wanted to leave Neil anyways. But divorce takes a bit longer. And to convince him. I want you to keep her safe until I'm out of here and have my apartment." She said as she wiped away her tears, looking at the two teenagers.

And Elena was filled up with pity. This poor woman. She married a man she grew to love and moved away with him. And he turned out to be an abusive asshole. "That's very brave of you Susan, and I'm very grateful that you trust us. I wanted to get Billy out of here for a long time now, and I'm just as happy that Max is getting out of here too." Elena smiled as Billy and she stood up, Susan following their lead as they walked to the door. "And please, take care of yourself. Be sure to get out of here before he gets worse. If you need a place to stay, we always have a place for you, I hope you know that." Elena smiled as she gave the woman a sheet of paper with her number. "Just call and we'll come pick you up." Susan nodded, a small smile on her face.

Now Billy and Elena were sitting in the car, Billy still in shock as Elena drove the Camaro back to her house. "You're free Baby." She smiled as she intertwined her hand with his. "No one can hurt you anymore, you're safe and Max is safe."

——————

Thank you guys for over 5k reads! And that's within barely 10 days of this book being up? Y'all are crazy, love you guys!