•Chapter Eleven•

A month has passed and today it was Elena's birthday, she'd finally turn 18. Not only was it the day her freedom could start, but also that she didn't need to beg Steve or Billy to buy her alcohol or cigarettes.

„Srećan rođendan!" [Happy Birthday!] Emilija grinned as she entered the room, in her hand a muffin with a single candle. And Elena almost felt like melting because it was the cutest fucking think. „Hvala, moje zlato." [Thank you, my love.] She smiled as she hugged the younger girl, thanking once again for her make-shift ‚birthday cake' and blowing out the candle.

„Go get ready, we need to get to school." Elena smiled as she nudged her sister who obeyed and left her room. Elena decided to get ready too, putting on black ripped jeans with a white tank top and a jean jacket. She took the curlers out of her hair, leaving it in big waves down her chest as she smiled herself.

God, she was finally 18. After graduation she'd be able to finally leave this shithole and leave everything behind.

She sighed quietly as she put on some makeup, just something decent, mascara, eyeliner and concealer.

„Let's go, come on." Elena hurried her sister to her car as she got into the driver seat. "Jeez." Emilija sighed, slamming the door and making Elena cringe. Her poor Chevrolet.

Rather sooner than later she pulled up to the school, parking beside the well known blue Camaro. She got out of her seat, her sister finding her way to her friends. "Good morning." Billy grinned at the petit girl as she made her way over to him, hopping on his hood beside him. "Guess what?" She grinned excitedly as she looked at the dirty blonde boy. "What?" "I'm eighteen now." She grinned as she wiggles her eyebrows. "It's your birthday today? I didn't even get you a present!" He sighed, almost disappointed with himself. "Oh no it's okay." She smiled as she lightly nudged his shoulder. "I'll make it up to you, I promise."

"I don't know how to make it up!" Billy said, running his fingers through his hair, a cigarette loosely hanging in between his lips as he looked at the group of 13 year olds and their babysitter, mr. Steal your girl and Mrs. I-got-Stolen. "Take her out to dinner?" Max suggested, raising her eyebrows. "That's too date like." "Maybe take her on a date?" "Do you think I wanna scare her off, you fucking idiot?!" Billy said, getting frustrated that Mama Steve even would say something that stupid. "Isn't the fair in town for like 2 more days? Maybe take her there." Dustin said, shrugging as he looked at the curly haired boy. "That's actually not a bad idea, Henderson. You're not useless after all." "And you're way nicer with Elena around."

"I'll pick you up at 8 tonight. Be ready." Billy said as he leaned against his car, giving Elena one of his 'I know something you don't' smiles. "For what?" She asked, grinning as she leaned beside him against his Camaro. "Surprise." "Alright, it better be good." She smirked before she got into her car. And Billy had to take a deep breath, because he hoped she'd actually think it was good.

It felt like an eternity for Elena before the clock hit 8, but for Billy it went like in a fly. He was more than nervous, it was her eighteenth birthday and he wanted everything to be perfect.

Anxiously the boy fixed his hair in the rear view mirror as he already stood in front of her house, the motor of his car still running and silently purring.

And when Elena left the house the first thing she heard was a loud whistle and she had to laugh as she walked up to Billy who looked even more stunning than usual. And it made her smile that she knew he dressed up just for her. "So, I have some things planned for this night, so you already know we're gonna skip tomorrow." Billy grinned as he jogged around the car, opening the door for the birthday girl, as she grinned and shook her head but there was still a faint blush on her face. "Sounds like a plan."